Negligent Security / Premises Liability. Nationally Recognized and Board-Certified Security Expert with over 38-Years of Security & Legal Experience. President & Chief Consultant for Strategic Security Management Consulting, Inc.
We provide litigation support to both Plaintiffs and Defense clients including: Case Review & Assessment, Affidavits, Expert Testimony, Investigations and Forensic Consultation on standards of care and best practices in matters pertaining to Premises Liability, Negligent Security, Security Use of Force, and Civil Litigation relating to Victims of Violent Crime. Trial testimony has assisted in attaining Jury Awards up to $13.5 Million.
Mr. Marcisz has received peer review awards for developing an Outstanding Security Program from both the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS) and International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS).
Mr. Marcisz also received the award for Outstanding Performance by a Director of Security from the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS). This is considered as one of the most prestigious achievements in the Security profession.
- Apartment/Condominium Security
- Bars/Lounges/Night Clubs
- Casino & Gaming Industry
- Hospital Security
- Hotel Security
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Parking Lots/Garages
- Premises Liability
- Retail Security
- Workplace Violence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Protection Professional (CPP) - American Society for Industrial Security
Certified Healthcare Protection Associate (CHPA) - International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety
Florida Bar License #0686001
Juris Doctor - University of Connecticut-School of Law
Bachelor of Science - Western Connecticut State University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS)
International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC)
Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP)
American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
Florida Bar Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: PRESENTATIONS:
• July 2014 - Challenges in Healthcare Security (2014 Annual PASS Conference - Silver Spring, Maryland)
• July 2015 – Host, Moderator & Panelist (2015 Annual PASS Conference - Orlando, Florida)
• April 2018 – Body Cameras: Legal & Policy Development (ASIS Healthcare Council, Virtual Presentation)
• August 2018 – Body Cameras: Legal Issues & Policy Considerations (IAHSS Central Florida-East Chapter Quarterly Meeting – Winter Park, FL)
• August 2018 – Body Cameras: Legal Issues & Policy Considerations (Southeastern Security & Safety Healthcare Council & IAHSS Southeast Regional Annual Joint Conference – Myrtle Beach, SC)
• September 2018 – Physician Safety: Panel Speaker (ASIS/GSX General Conference Healthcare Security Council – Las Vegas, NV)
• October 2018 - Body Cameras: Legal Issues & Policy Considerations (IAHSS Central Florida East & West Chapters’ Annual Boot Camp – Celebration, FL)
• August 2019 – K-9‘s in Healthcare: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Southeastern Security & Safety Healthcare Council & IAHSS Southeast Regional Annual Joint Conference – Myrtle Beach, SC)
• November 2019 – Hospital Executives’ Perspective on Best Practices for Preventing Workplace Violence: Panel/Speaker (Florida Hospital Association’s Leadership Forum - Lake Mary, FL)
• March 2020 – Body Camera Deployment in Hospitals (The Leadership Institute – National Webinar)
• March 2020 – Webinar - Hospital Security Issues and Response to COVID-19 (The Leadership Institute)
• May 2020 – Podcast - Healthcare Security Programs, Strategic Planning & Investigations (The Healthcare Security Cast: Episodes 28 & 29)
• August 2020 – COVID-19 Cost Savings Response Strategies: The Efficacy of Thermal Cameras for Temperature Screening: Host & Panelist (IAHSS Central Florida-East Chapter Quarterly Meeting – Virtual)
• September 2020 – Podcast - Demonstrating Investment Return from Strategic Security Planning, (The Sage Group’s “Great Conversation”)
• July 2021 – Metal Detectors in Healthcare: (Hospital Association of Southern California – Virtual Presentation)
• September 2021 – Webinar - Body Cameras Worn by Healthcare Security Personnel: Value-Add & Legal Issues, (American Society for Health Care Risk Management - ASHRM)
• September 2021 – Should You Be Afraid? The Future of COVID-19 Vaccine Security, (Panelist – ASIS/GSX Annual Conference – Orlando, FL)
• January 2022 – Sustaining Hospital Based Threat Assessment Teams, (Guest – ASIS Security Snapshots) You Tube.com Sustaining Hospital Threat Assessment Teams | Security Snapshots - YouTube
• April 2022 – Podcast – Workplace Violence Prevention & Response – Within Healthcare and Beyond, (Project HR) https://projectionsinc.com/podcast
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 20+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Negligent Security
Security (Excessive) Use of Force
Bars & Nightclubs
Casino & Gaming
Residential, Apartment & Condominium Security
Security Relating to Easements
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: February 2021
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Witness / Case Review / Forensic Consulting / Litigation Support
Security Management Consulting
Site Security (Risk & Vulnerability) Assessments
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Initial Consult is free.
$400 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400 per hour w/ 4 hour minimum ($1,600)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel Time is $100 per hour
Travel Expenses (Hotel, Air Fare, Rental Car, Meals, Etc.)
Thomas Craig & Ryan Ashworth
Bailes, Craig, Yon & Sellards, PLCC
401 10th Street, Suite 500
Huntington, WV 25720
Anne M. Manero
Kent McBride, PC
1617 JFK Boulevard, Suite 1140
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Morgan & Morgan
20 N. Orange Avenue, Suite 1600
Orlando, FL 32801
James R, Radmore
1500 JFK Blvd.
2 Penn Center., 5th Floor., Suite 520
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 568-9900