Terms and Condition of Use
Terms and Condition of Use of JurisPro (www.JurisPro.com)
- The information contained in the JurisPro website www.JurisPro.com (hereinafter “JurisPro”) is provided as a free service to the legal industry, and to the Internet community as a whole.
- It is our hope that you will benefit by the free information provided on JurisPro. By using the JurisPro, and accessing the information provided on the website, you signify your agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Any visitor, or user, who does not fully, completely and unconditionally accept and agree to Terms and Conditions of Use, as outlined below, is not authorized to use or view any information contained in the JurisPro website.
Copyright Materials of JurisPro
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, all materials, including photos, streaming audio, icons, databases, html and programming codes, images, metatags, designs, icons, and written and other materials that are part of JurisPro, are the copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by JurisPro Inc.
- Information contained in this website is not public domain but is the private property of JurisPro Inc.
- No material from JurisPro may be copied, distributed, modified, reproduced, republished, uploaded, or transmitted in any way, unless it is otherwise expressly permitted by JurisPro Inc.
- One copy of the materials may be printed or downloaded on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only, to use to retain an expert witness, provided all copyright and JurisPro proprietary notices are included as indicated.
- Use of expert witness curriculum vitae or resumes (“CV”) on JurisPro without the expert’s express permission for designation, or to get a competitive advantage in litigation, is strictly prohibited.
- Unauthorized reproduction of data, alteration of data or files, and any unauthorized attempt to access managerial areas of JurisPro is strictly prohibited.
Prohibition against Solicitation of Expert Witnesses Listed On JurisPro
- Visitors to JurisPro are invited to search for an expert witness, and to evaluate the experience, background, and qualifications of those expert witnesses for the visitors’ consultation, retention, and/or designation.
- Solicitation of any of the expert witnesses listed on JurisPro in any fashion for any other reason other than for consultation, retention, or designation is strictly prohibited. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, contacting those expert witness listed on JurisPro by email, phone, text, fax, or any other electronic or personal communication to solicit those experts for other directories, referral services, or similar marketing or advertising services or products.
Uploading Information as Expert Witness Client of JurisPro
- JurisPro Inc. provides the opportunity for expert witnesses, and others, to upload certain information onto the websites. This includes, but is not limited to, the expert’s contact information, areas of expertise, introductory paragraphs, background information as an expert witness, articles, audio, video, references,areas of expertise and keywords.
- As an expert witness who lists with JurisPro, during the term of the listing, by uploading or submitting any materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) to JurisPro Inc., royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, or create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
- As a client of JurisPro, you warrant you have the copyright of any articles, or any other materials, you post on the JurisPro website. You further agree to defend and indemnify JurisPro for alleged violations of any copyright or other intellectual property claims arising out of your postings.
References to Third Party Products or Services, and Statements by Third Parties
- Any reference made by JurisPro to any product, service, or process (or provider of the same) by hyperlink, trade name, trademark, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by JurisPro Inc.
- Any statements, opinions, advice, services, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties, including expert witnesses, are those of the respective persons and do not necessarily reflect those of JurisPro Inc.
Links to other websites and services
- JurisPro provides links to other websites and services. However, JurisPro Inc. does not control the availability and content of those outside services and resources.
- Any concerns regarding any such other website or service, linked to or from JurisPro, should be directed to that third party.
Limit of Liability
- Under no circumstances shall JurisPro be liable for any damages, including but not limited to compensatory, direct, indirect, special, consequential incidental, business loss, income or profits, or punitive damages, data loss, that may result from the use, or inability to use, the materials, information, or resources on the JurisPro, or that may arise from any errors, omissions, delays, or interruption of JurisPro’s service.
Complete Agreement/Choice of Law/Venue
- This is the entire agreement between us relating to the terms and conditions of use of JurisPro. If any provision of these terms shall be deemed unlawful, it shall be severable, and will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- This agreement cannot be modified except by a subsequent writing, which must be signed by both parties.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with California law.
- You agree that any action arising out of these terms or the use of the JurisPro website shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
- If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.