Tom Anderberg has 45 years of construction experience. 25+ years as expert witness.
Construction defect, mediation, dispute resolution, appraisal, drainage, foundation, settlement, seismic, structural, water intrusion, general building issues, code compliance, litigation support. Patents - pile driving methods. Plaintiff / defense.
Areas of Expertise
- Building Contractor Liability
- Construction Damages
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: AAE University of Illinois 1971
Licensed California Building Contractor No. 907859
Patents: 1996 – “Punch Pile” Foundation Underpinning Technique; 1978 – Typhoon Broom.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Radio & Television Interviews: KPIX, KFRC, KGO, KTVU TV Ch2, KRON TV Ch4, KGO TV Ch7, BAY TV(Cable), BERKELEY TV(Cable).
Articles Published: Homeowners Resource (1991,1992,1993,1994), Montclarion (1994), Bay Living (2000).
Real Estate Seminars: (1992-present), Mason-McDuffie, Nakamura, Coldwell Banker, Fox & Carskadon, Marvin Gardens, Red Oak, Better Homes, Elmwood, Prudential, Wells & Bennett, Pacific Union, West Contra Costa Realtors, Winters, Grubb, John M. Grubb, Re/Max, Berkeley Assoc. of Realtors, Alain Pinel, The Barbagelata Co., Gallagher & Lindsey, People & Properties Sotheby’s International, East Bay Sotheby’s International Realty, Zephyr.
Open Seminars: Oakland Board of Realtors (1994), ICBO Building Officials (Alameda & Contra Costa County), CREIA Home Inspectors (Golden Gate Chapter) (1998), Appraisal Institute (2005 Annual Fall Conference), North American Title (2008), Central Coast Claims Association (2010), ASHI Home Inspectors (Golden Gate Chapter) (2010).
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Investigated, yes. The California’s Board's Enforcement Unit received a complaint for possible violations of the California’s Professional Engineers Act. The complaint alleged that Anderberg Construction Consulting, Inc. might be offering and/or practicing civil engineering. Upon review, the complaint was dismissed.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 60+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Construction defect, mediation, dispute resolution, appraisal and trial cases relating to drainage, foundation, settlement, seismic, water intrusion and general building issues.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 85%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 15%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 12
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 12
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 12
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20+ years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consultation – Identifying and providing solutions to drainage, foundation and construction related problems, “ballpark costs”, written reports, qualified contractor referrals and project coordination.
Design - Developing drainage plans for contractors/homeowners, working closely with attorneys, engineers and contractors to formulate practical and cost effective methods of construction.
Laser & Digital Level Surveys (Interior Floors) - Providing quick elevation overview and documentation for out of level floors.
Infrared Thermal Camera Imaging - Locating water intrusion and heat loss issues using the latest infrared imaging technology.
Expert Witness - Assisting with construction defect, mediation, dispute resolution, and trial cases relating to drainage, foundation, settlement, seismic, water intrusion and general building issues.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $ 295.00/hr (2 hr min.)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $ 195.00/hr (per 1/10th hr)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $ 395.00/hr (2 hr min.)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 395.00/hr (2 hr min.) or $ 1,500.00 (half day flat rate), $ 3,000.00 (full day flat rate)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Retainer: $ 2,500.00
Paid in advance prior to initiation of any services; refundable; applicable to first invoice.
Travel Time: $ 295.00 per hour
(First 1.0 hr not included, additional travel time at $ 295.00/hr per visit/meeting/etc.)
Plus: airfare, accommodations, meals, ground transportation and other incidental expenses to be billed AT COST.
Trial Cancellation Policy/Fees:
Less than 48 hours - (reimburse hard costs associated with trial such as air fare etc.)
Less than 24 hours – ($ 1,500.00 half day flat rate + hard costs associated with trial such as air fare etc.)
Note: Miscellaneous expenses such as materials cost, telephone, copying, faxing, mileage, etc. are reimbursable expenses.
References upon request.