Mike Panish is an expert witness and consultant specializing in most construction trades (defects & injuries), automatic door systems, doors, door hardware, door sensors, gates, cabinetry, architectural millwork, and woodwork. Mr. Panish is the nation's leading and most frequently retained expert witness for any kind of door or gate related injury and wrongful death, automatic door injury, door & door hardware injuries, and door defects. Construction defects, safety, code (all trades). Extensive experience working for both plaintiff & defense. Mike has been proven to provide highly credible and solid testimony during deposition and court appearances, been influential and beneficial to his clients. 35+ years hands-on experience in the field of construction. Local to California and New England. Nationwide Inspection & Testimony (all states).
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Automobile Dealerships
- Building Codes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Construction & Architecture
- Construction Safety
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Automatic door & gate expert for personal injury and wrongful death;
Door and door hardware expert for personal injury, wrongful death, and defects;
Gate expert witness for personal injury and wrongful death;
Cabinetry, Architectural Millwork & Furniture expert for personal injury & defects;
Slip, Trip, Fall / Railings / ADA Expert
General Construction Expert for most construction trades;
Elder abuse expert witness relating to premises security;
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 16 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Site Inspection, consultation, testing, reports, testimony
- Published Articles
- The Ins and Outs of Automatic Door Operation
- Automatic Doors-The Importance of Checking your Doors Daily
- OVERHEAD DOOR INJURIES - Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Trucks
- Revolving Door Injuries
- Low Energy Door Systems - A Basic Primer for your next Door Injury Case
- Automatic Door Service Providers - How to Limit your Liability
- Door Defects & Door Related Injury Claims
- Manual Door Closers - Do you have an open and shut case?
- Concealed Door Closers
- Garage Doors - A Brief Tutorial on Garage Doors Safety & Installation
- Door Injury Cases - Pertaining to the Insurance Carrier
- Door Panic Hardware - Getting to know the Basics
- DOOR INJURIES & "The Eggshell Plaintiff"
- INCREASING SCHOOL SECURITY - Concepts to Keep our Students Safe
- M.O.A.T. A New Approach to School Safety
- CONTRACTOR FRAUD SERIES (Part 2) - Beware of Unscrupulous Contractors
- CONTRACTOR FRAUD SERIES (Part 1) - Don't Become a Victim - Home Renovation Projects
- Expert Witness - Plaintiff or Defense
- Elder Abuse - It Isn't Always About Physical Abuse
- Cabinetry & Millwork - Defective Design or Workmanship, Who is Responsible?
- PLASTIC LAMINATED PRODUCTS - Fabrication & Installation Problems
- Discussion on Wood Finishes
- Mechanical Fasteners
- Safety Equipment & Protective Gear
References upon request.