Linda Mitchell is a Certified Forensic Document Examiner (QDE) with offices in San Diego, Los Angeles and Riverside Counties. Linda is available for handwriting authentication/identification and document analysis. She welcomes all cases, both plaintiff and defendant, civil or criminal.
Ms. Mitchell enjoys complex cases and medical malpractice matters. She likes speaking engagements and has excellent people skills. Ms. Mitchell completed 32 months of full time training with Manny Gonzales, FDE. Along with her traditional training, she brings a working knowledge of up-to-date laboratory procedures and graphic presentations.
Areas of Expertise
- Document Examination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Administration
Certified by the ABFDE
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ABFDE - Diplomate of American Board of Forensic Document Examiners
AAFS - American Academy of Forensic Sciences - Document Section
ASQDE - American Society for Questioned Document Examiners
SWAFDE - Southwestern Association of Forensic Document Examiners
NNA - National Notary Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: MCLE Speaker - Document Examination 101 for Attorneys
Visiting Instructor - Lake University
Guest speaker at various professional meetings
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I am retained on average 50-75 times per year for cases involving signature authentication, handwriting identification, document tampering and various other questions regarding the state of a document(s).
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Handwriting Identification
Deciphering Obliterated Materials
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: While I am retained primarily for civil matters, I have also been retained by law enforcement agencies and defense attorneys for criminal matters. In civil matters, I do not record whether my clients are plaintiff or defense. The analysis does not vary either way. Every case is analyzed according to the quality and quantity of evidence that is presented and my opinion is based on the results of the analysis.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: On average, I testify either in court or deposition in about 15% of the cases for which I am retained. Often cases scheduled for litigation are settled; others never develop to that point.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 2011
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Analysis of Documents and Handwriting
Report of Opinion
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: No minimum testimony retainer required, only the actual time I am required to be present for testimony.
Travel is charged ONLY by mileage from my office closest to the venue ($4/mi one way) (Clients are not charged for time spent in traffic)
Jason P. Saccuzzo, Esq.
VIVOLI SACCUZZO, LLP
2550 Fifth Avenue, Suite 709
San Diego, CA 92103
619.744.9992 (Tel) | 619.744.9994 (Fax)
Robert Pedrazani, Esq.
24 Corporate Plaza Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Phone: (949) 706-3322