Dr. Kaycea T Campbell
Long Beach, CA 90807
As an experienced career Economist specializing in economic theory, analysis and policy, Long Beach, California-based Kaycea Campbell offers expertise in loss analysis in civil litigation. With her credentials, she is a sought-after expert jury witness, providing economic reports and advisement to plaintiff and defense attorneys for personal injury, wrongful death, employment disputes, healthcare loss analysis and lost profits from business cases. With a Ph.D degree in Economics-Management, Campbell is also an experienced researcher whose analyses have been published in authoritative journals.
- Business Interruption
- Business Law
- Business Valuation
- Business/Employment Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Campbell earned a Ph.D in Economics-Management from Claremont Graduate University in Pomona, Calif., as well as a Master of Arts in Economics from the University of Southern California and a Bachelor’s in Economics, Management Studies and Political Science from University of the West Indies in Kingston, Jamaica. She is an active member of the National Association of Forensic Economics and the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association of Forensic Economics
Chartered Financial Analyst (Candidate)
Claremont Institute for Economic Policy Studies (Associate)
Economic Reviewer (McGraw Hill Publishers)
Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Kaycea is a tenure-track Assistant Professor at Pierce College, teaching Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and related Economic Theory courses as required. She also teaches economic courses at other colleges within the Los Angeles Community College District (Mission College and West Los Angeles College).
She also serves as an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Economics at the University of La Verne and Chapman University instructing both graduate and undergraduate students in Economics and Business courses.
She previously worked as a Teaching Assistant, instructing Macroeconomics and Microeconomics at the University of Southern California in L.A., one of the world’s leading private research universities. There, Campbell was honored with its Outstanding Teaching Award. She also worked as a Research Assistant for the non-profit George Beckford Foundation of Caribbean Economy in Jamaica. Campbell has also acted as a Healthcare Economist Consultant for the non-profit L.A. Care Health Plan and as a Business Consultant with the Cosmic Blue Group of Companies.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 10 years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
Employment Discrimination: Wages & Hours
Loss of Business Profits
Healthcare Loss Analysis
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 30 days ago.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Labor Market Analysis
Business Damages Calculations
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300-$550
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300-$550
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300-$550
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $450-$700
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: • Per Diem (hotel, meals, parking) --------------------------------------------------------------- $ 285 / night
• Personal automobile at fifty-five cents per mile, coach class (Y) for direct non- stop air travel, plus all other usual and customary or agreed-upon expenses ------------------------------------ Actual cost
References upon request.