Daniel A. Hoffman III specializes in Demolition and Dismantling. He is both a consulting and expert witness in all 50 states. Services include:
Demolition Cost Estimates
Redundant Assets Feasibility Studies
Scrap and/or Liquidation Estimates
Demolition Safety Reviews
Demolition Safety Program Reviews
Demolition Safety Manual reviews & updates
I have been in the Demolition Industry for the past 45+ years and worked all over the US. Now I am working as a consultant to entities who are involved in the Demolition process. Sometimes as a Consultant to the wiser folks who recognize their exposure to the 3rd party liability issues inherent to this notoriously problematic process, or later to the folks who thought they would save that expense and now need an Expert Witness to testify to the Means & Methods of the Demolition process which should have been followed in the first place.
My credentials are that I have been personally "hands-on" in this business for 45+ years. My experience comes from performing the work, not overseeing some demolition sub-contract, not from having a degree for a component of the demolition process (there is NO college degree for demolition) or from reading about it in some how-to book!
I have earned my credibility from making both the right decisions or being slapped up-side the head when those decisions weren't so right; and anyone who says they have never made a mistake is either not telling you the truth or, simply has never done anything! My experience was earned by solving (and sometimes not), the cost estimate and cost control issues, the engineering challenges, the logistical challenges, the regulatory issues, the labor issues, the safety issues, and the business operations.
There is a significant difference between DEMOLITION & CONSTRUCTION. If you hire a "Demolition Expert" who cannot answer yes to - "Have you actually performed any demolition work?" - you risk your expert's credibility based on how they answer.
Call my cell 312.718.2020, or E-Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Demolition Contracting Licenses held but not renewed in the states of:
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Demolition Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Purdue University - Demolition Industry Speaker
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Demolition Means & Methods
Demolition Standards & Practices
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: More than 35
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2 months ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 11
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 7
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Site Inspections, Industrial Facilities and/or Commercial Building Liquidation Estimates, Demolition Safety Inspections, Demolition Safety Program Review and or Revisions
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200.00 Hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $180.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $2,100.00 Day
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $2,100,00 Day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel Expenses at net value of actual receipt
extensive list of attorneys/projects upon request