Mr. Charles J. McLaughlin
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Mr. McLaughlin has recent experience in capital raising for technology companies, placement of key personnel into high-growth companies, and substantial recent experience working with Special Purpose Acquisition Companies regarding the placement of merger candidates with SPACs already formed.
Mr. McLaughlin has over 30 years of experience in real estate finance, development, and financial restructuring. McLaughlin has product experience in land development, entitlements, home construction, marketing, income property development, and valuation.
Mr. McLaughlin is extremely strong in corporate financial statement evaluation including liquidity analysis, going concern determination, and recapitalization requirements.
Mr. McLaughlin has SEC licenses for Investment Banking including Series 79 and Series 63 (inactive). Mr. McLaughlin has served as the CEO of a public REIT, as an Independent Director of 2 public REITs, and as a court-appointed Chapter 11 Trustee (Sambo's Restaurants).
- Business Valuation
- Commercial Real Estate
- Land Use & Zoning
- Litigation Finance
- Real Estate Damages
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA, Harvard Business School
BBA, University of Notre Dame
Series 79 Securities License, Finra/SEC
Series 63 Securities License, Finra/SEC
Court Appointed Chapter 11 Trustee, Sambo's Restaurants
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Real Estate Portfolio Valuation
Real Estate Entity Restucturing
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 100
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 50+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 15
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) merger and acquisition feasibility analysis; LIDAR self driving technology feasibility; Natural Resource valuation, permitting, operations, especially gold: real estate finance, permitting, land development; public real estate companies, financial statement analysis, project entitlement evaluation, going concern determination: REIT valuation, financial statement analysis: Non-Traded REIT valuation, financial statement analysis;
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 495
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 495
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 595
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel, purchase of expert real estate data, purchase of special documentation to support various industries listed above.
Robert Anderson, The Anderson Edge, Expert Witness 200+ cases, Insurance matters, 949 645 6842
Nathan Carle, Litigation Lawyer, c 919 418 2505
Kevin Daly, Technology Expert, LIDAR Expert c 949 768 8274,