Dr. Alvarez is a Bilingual (Spanish-speaking), bicultural, Clinical Psychologist with expertise in psychological evaluations and psychotherapy of children, adolescents, and adults. She specializes in post-trauma reactions such as vehicular accidents, dogbites, crime, fire/explosion, wrongful death of parent or spouse, loss of parental services, sexual harassment, child, adolescent, or dependent adult physical abuse, sexual abuse and/or neglect, child suggestibility, learning disabilities, and psychoeducational evaluations.
- Child Psychology
- Fitness for Duty Evaluation
- Forensic Psychology
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Abuse
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph.D.-University of California, Los Angeles, 1987
M.A.-University of California, Los Angeles, 1982
B.S.-Duke University, 1980
California Psychology License, 1989
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: *Phi Betta Kappa, Duke University, Member 1980
*American Psychological Association, Member 1988
*National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, Member 1989
*American College of Forensic Examiners, Fellow 1994
*American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, Member 1999
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: See CV
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 60
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Child Sexual Abuse; Domestic violence; Psychoeducational Evaluations; Learning
Disabilities; Personal Injury (vehicular accidents, dog bites, fire/explosion, wrongful death of parents/spouse, sexual harassment); Post-traumatic Stress Disorder; child suggestibility
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 45
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 55
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 30
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: over 60
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 13
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 1992.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consultation, psychological evaluation or testing, reports, testimony, record-review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses at $300./hour
Matthew Matern, Esq.
Rastegar & Matern
15901 Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 450
Lawndale, CA. 90260
James Goodman, Esq.
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
1875 Century Park East, Suite 500
Los Angeles, CA 90067-2506