Global Weather and Climate Consulting LLC is an independent weather consulting firm specializing in forensics, forecasting, planning and expert witness testimony for both plaintiffs and defendants. Its President, Todd Morris, is an American Meteorological Society (AMS) Certified Consulting Meteorologist (CCM) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of meteorology and climatology. Mr. Morris has 34.5 years of federal government service with the National Weather Service (NWS) and has been doing consulting work since 2013. With offices in both southern CA and central AZ, we would be pleased to discuss the weather and/or climate aspects of your case with you.
- Accident Reconstruction
- Hydrology & Groundwater
- Occupational Medicine
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Weather & Meteorology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Consulting Meteorologist (CCM) awarded by the American Meteorological Society (AMS) (2014)
Bachelor's of Science Degree (BS) in Meteorology from University of Wisconsin - Madison (1982)
National Weather Service Certified Weather Observer (1981)
Private Pilots License (1978)
Occupational Certificate in Incident Command System/NIMS from FEMA - Washington D.C. (2010)
Occupational Certificate in Emergency Mgmt from Emergency Management Institute (EMI) - Emmitsburg, MD (2008)
Occupational Certificate in Emergency Mgmt from Texas A&M University - College Station, TX (2006)
Occupational Certificate in Human Interaction from NTL Institute - Alexandria, VA (2003)
Occupational Certificate in Personnel Mgmt from Army Management Staff College - Ft. Belvoir, VA (2001)
Coursework completed toward MS in Meteorology from SUNY - Albany, NY (1984)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Certified Consulting Meteorologist (CCM), American Meteorological Society (AMS)
National Council of Industrial Meteorologists (NCIM), Full Member
American Meteorological Society (AMS), Full Member
National Weather Association (NWA), Full Member
Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Weather for the Los Angeles Terrorism Early Warning Group (TEW)
National Weather Service (NWS) Weather Spotter
Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network (CoCoRaHS), Member and Contributor
Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA), Associate Member
International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), Conference Member
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 82
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Meteorology and Climatology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 35
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 65
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 7
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September 2019
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 6 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Data Acquisition, Analysis, Consulting, Report Preparation, Site Inspection, Testimony, Meteorological Forecast Support, Forensic Weather Research
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $290/Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $290/Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $440/Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $440/Hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel Time at $125/Hr
- Climate Information for Disaster Management - Bridging the Weather and Climate Timescales
- Weather Support to the FEMA/DHS Joint Field Office Established in Response to the Devastating Southern CA Wildfires of October 2007
- The Climate of Los Angeles
- FEMA RIX RISC Meeting Briefing - 21 Oct 2015
- Weather and Decision Support for Emergency Managers
- February 17, 2017 High Wind Event - Long Beach Container Terminal - Long Beach, CA
KURT WEISSMULLER, DAG
Department of Justice
300 South Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1230
Lynberg & Watkins
1100 Town & Country Road
Orange, CA 92868
Gregory B. Scher
Woolls Peer Dollinger & Scher
624 South Grand Avenue, Flr 22
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Kenneth F. Mattfeld
Office of the City Attorney - Los Angeles
425 S. Palos Verdes St.
P.O. Box 151
San Pedro, CA 90733