I am an academic fellowship-trained neurosurgeon specialized in complex spine/deformity surgery, currently practicing as Assistant Professor at the Division of Neurosurgery of St. Louis University. I have been an active member of the North American Spine Society, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons as well as many other international societies.
I am member of the editorial board of The Spine Journal and Deputy Editor of the North American Spine Society Journal. I am an active reviewer of several other neurosurgical journals including World Neurosurgery, Clinical Neurology & Neurosurgery, Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, Osteoarthritis & Cartilage, Journal of Engineering in Medicine: Part H, British Journal of Neurosurgery and Neurological Sciences.
I have already provided expert review services for several scientific funding agencies in the U.S. (including the NIH Panel for Clinical Neurophysiology, Devices, Neuroprosthetics and Biosensors) as well as abroad (including the Innovation and Technology Commission/ Hong Kong SAR Government and The Brain Tumor Charity - New Ideas Award/UK). As medical expert I provide services in the field of spine surgery and neurosurgery with special focus on perioperative complications.
As researcher I have published more than 130 original research articles, having been cited more than 1400 times. I am board certified by the American Board of Clinical Neurological Surgery and the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies. I hold an unrestricted medical license in the state of Ohio, Missouri, New York and Maine, having never been submitted to any sanction or disciplinary action by the respective medical boards.
- Spine Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Unrestricted Physician Licenses: State Of Maine – Licensing Number: 218009352; State Of New York/US – Licensing Number: 273218; The Ohio State/US - Licensing Number: 57.022362; State of Missouri 2018009352
Board certification in Neurosurgery: World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies - WFNS; American Board of Clinical Neurological Surgery; Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery; Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: - Member of North American Spine Society (NASS) American Academy of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery American Academy of Neurological and Orthopedic Surgeons (AANOS)
- Editorial Board Membership:
The Spine Journal (official journal of North American Spine Society) - Elite Reviewer; North American Spine Society Journal (NASSJ) - Deputy Editor World Neurosurgery; Clinical Neurology & Neurosurgery; Osteoarthritis and Cartilage (official journal of Osteoarthritis Research Society International); Journal of Engineering in Medicine: Part H (Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers) ; Neurological Sciences (official journal of Italian Neurosurgical Society); British Journal of Neurosurgery (official journal of British Neurosurgical Society); Injury Prevention; Yonsei Medical Journal
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: - As researcher I have published more than 130 original research articles, having been cited more than 1400 times.
- Top peer reviewer according to Publons
- Frequent speaker at Brazilian Congress of Neurosurgery, Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics and Annual Meeting of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Spine surgery; neurosurgery
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical Expert Witness services; review of medical records
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: - Standard medical malpractice case: upfront retainer $3,900 for an average cost of $650/hour of time spent.
(An initial review of the claim including hospital records, medical reports, imaging results, operative reports and patient's evolution would involve approximately 5-6 hours - depending on is complexity - plus approximately 1 or 2 hours for writing a comprehensive expert report or an affidavit of Merit.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Deposition: $ 1,600 including availability for the whole day for meeting with attorneys pre-deposition
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Testimony at trial: $7,500/day
(Cancellation policy: 7 days in advance)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Additional travel fees and expenses if trial or deposition are held outside of St. Louis Metropolitan area
- Board Certification - American Board of Clinical Neurological Surgery
- Board Certification - World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- Physician License - Missouri
- Physician License - Ohio
- Physician License - New York
- Fellowship Training - Spine Surgery
- Fellowship Training - Complex Oncological Spine Surgery and Reconstruction
- Board Certification - Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery
- Physician License - Maine
- Residency in Neurosurgery
Available Upon Request