Steven R. Fontes, MAI, CCIM
Riverside, CA 92508
Mr. Fontes has 35+ years of experience in the appraisal of commercial real estate. He holds the MAI Designation from the Appraisal Institute and served as the 77th President of the Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute.
Mr. Fontes is licensed in California as a Certified General real estate appraiser by the BREA. Mr. Fontes has qualified to testify as a commercial appraisal expert witness in several Southern California county Superior Court venues as well as in the Federal venue of the United Stated Bankruptcy Court both inside and outside of California.
- Aerial Photography
- Commercial Real Estate
- Eminent Domain
- Land Use & Zoning
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Valuation
- Retail Real Estate
- Shopping Center/Mall Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MAI Designation
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, University of California, Riverside
Litigation Certificate of Completion from the Appraisal Institute
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Appraisal Institute
Forensic Expert Witness Association
American Industrial Real Estate Association
California Association of Realtors
Inland Valley Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Please refer to CV for public speaking list.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: An official count is not kept, but likely between 25-50.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Commercial and industrial real estate appraisal, including vacant land.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 10
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 13
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 16
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 9
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting and expert witness services involving commercial real estate and vacant land.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Please refer to Rate Sheet for details.
Terence M. Sternberg, Esq.
The Law Office of Terence M. Sternberg
21600 Oxnard Street, Suite 2070
Woodland Hills, California 91367
Tel: (818) 710-7888
Fax: (818) 593-6192
Benjamin R. Levinson, Esq.
Law Office of Benjamin R. Levinson
46 N. 2nd Street, Suite A
Campbell, California 95008
Tel: (408) 866-2999
Fax: (408) 866-2992
Additional references are available upon request.