Burgess Forensics offers Computer Forensic & Electronic Discovery and Expert Witness Testimony - since 1985.
Burgess offers Macintosh Digital Forensics, Windows Digital Forensics, Cell Phone / Mobile / PDA Forensics using hundreds of tools including EnCase, SMART Forensics, Paraben, FTK and many more.
Services offered include, but are not limited to:
• Forensic imaging hard disks and other digital media.
• Recovery of deleted, erased, hidden, and damaged files including data on systems for which there's been an attempt to: Sabotage, hide, delete, overwrite or steal information, including:
• Emails - deleted, encrypted or in other conditions
• Databases, including proprietary customer information
• Documents, even those erased, sometimes shredded, or overwritten
• Keyword searches performed in order to find file fragments, email references and documents that may not show up as active or deleted files.
• Comprehensive search for history files or remnants thereof (often with more than 100,000 entries).
• Process Microsoft Outlook PST and other mailbox file(s) and recover deleted emails.
• Production of all email addresses that may be on the disk.
• Report attributes of the system such as what software and hardware was installed on the system, when Windows was installed, what Windows user accounts exist and when such accounts were created.
• Telephone or in-person consulting
• Carving out of text files referenced by keyword spreadsheets – especially relevant data found in unallocated clusters or file slack.
• Formal and informal reports, declarations, and affidavits.
• Steganographic analysis.
• Password cracking.
• Spyware analysis, including malware found in system restore files.
• Manual rebuilding of MIME-type or other email attachments.
• Timeline rebuilding (chronological reconstruction of events on the drive).
• Additional copies of any media.
• Paper printouts of files or documents.
• Production of instant message or other log files.
• Recovery of data from damaged operating systems or hardware.
• Revealing the validity of a clients’ claim to their own attorney.
• Producing data which is readable by the client.
• Advising the client as to the best means of interpreting data.
• Explaining clearly, without technical jargon, or doublespeak, what the findings mean.
• Expert Witness testimony in court or at deposition.
• Decades of experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Cell Phones
- Computer Security
- Electronic Discovery
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Software Engineering
- Wireless Technology
Janet Fogarty, Principal – Fogarty & Associates law Firm – Burlingame, CA - firstname.lastname@example.org - 650-343-8332
Cisco Lassiter or Kyle Brown – Humboldt County Conflict Counsel – Eureka, CA - 707-445-7475 – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bub-Joo S. Lee – Lee Anav Chung, Los Angeles office - 213-541-1602 - email@example.com