Sterling Anthony, CPP, has more than 40 years of experience in packaging and related disciplines. His case specializations are: defective packaging and unreasonably dangerous products; failure-to-warn when the packaging is the medium; unsafe materials-handling practices; warehouse safety; cargo loading and securement; falling cargo; insurance claims for loss or damaged cargo; falling merchandise; and, patent infringement and trade-dress infringement. He has testified in state and federal courts. He has worked cases for Plaintiff and others for Defendant, each time ethically and professionally, and has a long reference list of attorneys. He has strengths in analysis, opining, and communicating with the spoken and written word. He is a self-employed consultant, servicing the consumer-nondurables, industrial, institutional, and government sectors. Prior, he was an employee at various Fortune 100 companies. He is a former university instructor. He has authored more than 200 published articles and has lectured at conferences around the world. In all, his education, training, and experience allow him a balanced perspective, combining theory and practice.
Areas of Expertise
- Labels & Warnings
- Printing & Publishing
- Self Storage Facilities
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S. in Packaging Engineering
M.B.A. in Marketing and Finance
Doctoral courses in International Marketing and International Logistics
Professional Certifications in: Packaging; Material-Handling; Transportation; Materials Management; Purchasing; and, Inventory Control.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Institute of Packaging Professionals
Institute of Packaging Professional Consultants Council
National Institute of Packaging, Handling, and Logistics Engineers
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Michigan State University: packaging R&D; distribution packaging; material handling.
University of Detroit/Mercy: marketing; marketing strategies.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: At least 250.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Product liability; personal injury; failure-to-warn; patent infringement; trade-dress infringement; insurance claims for loss or damaged cargo.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: At least 60
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: At least 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: At least 25
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 1982
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, analysis, opining, reporting, site inspections, testing, testifying.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $600
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel, lodging, and meals reimbursed against receipts. Travel time charged portal-to-portal at $400 per hr.
References upon request.