I serve as an experienced and articulate expert witness for the defense and plaintiff. I have 20 years experience in case review and testimony in diseases and surgery of thyroid, parathyroid, benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, sinus disease, trauma, sleep apnea, infections and diseases and injury of cranial nerves.
• Experience includes 35 years clinical and academic practice
* Faculty member in Departments of Surgery and Anatomy, Yale School of Medicine and Departments of Surgery and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
• Editor and author of two major textbooks on the thyroid, published 17 book chapters and 50 scholarly articles in peer reviewed journals and
• Lectured and taught on a national and international level
* Listed in Best Doctors in America, Best Doctors in Northeast Region
Areas of Expertise
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
Residency, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, Ca
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: see CV
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Lectured at national and international meetings
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: It varies yearly, on average 6-10 times a year for medical record review, deposition or trial for plantiff or defense.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Diseases and surgery of thyroid, parathyroid, benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, sinus disease, trauma, sleep apnea, infections and diseases and injury of cranial nerves.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: within past few months
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 12
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: none
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Approximately 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: record review, writing report, deposition, courtroom testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $600/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $600/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $4000 per day
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $6000 per day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: time for travel and expenses are billed
References upon request.