Ph.D. in civil engineering and transportation engineering. Expertise covering industry and public agencies including Caltrans and FHWA. I provide expert witness services on cases related to accident reconstruction, transportation engineering, pavements, traffic engineering, analysis, design standards, construction specifications, construction materials, guidelines, policies, public agency practices, road defects, airports, highway geometric design, drainage, asphalt, concrete, soil, repairs, maintenance, inspections, rehabilitation, construction quality control - quality assurance, construction claims, inspection, settlement, dispute resolution, pavement surface conditions such as friction, skid resistance, surface discontinuities, cracking, rutting, defects, potholes and roughness, failure investigations, forensic engineering, safety standards, construction work zone accidents, construction safety, safety operating procedures, roadside hazards, signage, sight distance requirements, ADA requirements and code violations.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Building Codes
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Damages
- Construction Site
- Design Engineering
- Driver Behavior
- Failure Analysis
- Forensic Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Human Factors
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Transportation Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph.D. in Civil Engineering - Transportation Engineering
M.S. in Civil Engineering - Construction Engineering
B.S. in Civil Engineering
Professional Engineering License
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member of the Forensic Expert Witness Association.
Expert Panel Member of the national NCHRP Transportation Research Board on Long-Range Strategic Issues Affecting Preservation, Maintenance and Renewal of Highway Infrastructure.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Taught various classes at California State University including Transportation Engineering, Traffic Engineering and Highway Engineering.
Taught various classes at National University on statistics and operation research.
Delivered numerous presentations at national and international conferences and seminars.
Conducted numerous training classes to contractors and engineers on highway construction, pavement design, asphalt and concrete.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Highway, traffic and transportation engineering. Traffic accidents (car, truck, motorcycle and bicycle), slip & fall accidents, highway defects, construction defects, specifications, sight distance, friction and skid resistance, design requirements, traffic control, traffic safety, construction zone accidents, pavement standards, material defects, maintenance standards, asphalt quality, concrete quality, concrete cracking.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30%
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Engineering consulting, pavement evaluations, highway design, traffic engineering, technical reports, site inspection, engineering analysis, traffic accident analysis, friction and skid resistance evaluation, highway standards evaluation, sight distance and obstruction analysis, maintenance practices evaluation, traffic engineering safety evaluation, etc.
Available Upon Request