Specializing in spousal/child support, employment law, personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, worker's compensation, and life care planning. Scott Sevart has over 23 years of experience as a vocational rehabilitation consultant in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. He is a nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), nationally Certified Life Care Planner (CLCP), member of the American Board of Vocational Experts/Diplomate, and a member of the International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals. Over the past four years he has provided testimony in 24 hearings, depositions, and trials. He is bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Family Law
- Life Care Planning
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Vocational Evaluation & Rehabilitation
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Institute of Rehabilitation Education and Training, Certified Life Care Planner, #1595
Nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, CRC, #62729
University of North Texas, Denton, 18 credit hours in Rehabilitation Counseling
M.A. Government, University of Texas at Austin
B.A. Political Science, Moravian College
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Board of Vocational Experts/Diplomate, ABVE/D
International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, IARP
Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification, CRCC
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: "Earnings Capacity, Employability, Job Search: How to Use a Vocational Expert and/or Life Care Planner to Position Your Case for Settlement"
Presented to: Fredericksburg Area Bar Association and the Prince William County Bar Association, May 2022
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 200 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Spousal/child support, employment law, personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, and worker's compensation
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 7 (in the past four years)
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Very recently
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10 (in the past four years)
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 11 (in the past four years)
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: More than 17 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, interviewing, report writing
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Initial consult is typically at no cost.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $375
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Plus expenses.
Available Upon Request