PCC Founder and Principal, Scott Orr, has having more than 35 years of “Hands On” experience in construction and industrial work environments and extensive knowledge concerning OSHA’s Multi-Employer Work Site Policy, Scott has extensive knowledge and a unique perspective and is eminently qualified to clearly defining specific roles and responsibilities on modern construction and industrial work sites.
As a respected industry leader, PCC has provided Expert Witness services in numerous Fall Protection, Steel Erection, Crane, Rigging, and Heavy Equipment court cases.
Expert Witness Services: PCC services and capabilities include:
Expert Crane Witness and Court Testimony
Due Diligence Assessment
Root Cause Analysis
Crane Accident Reconstruction
Crane Accident Reenactment
Expert Witness Experience: PPC will provide curriculum vitae, résumés, references and client list upon request.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Personal Injury
- Safety Equipment
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Southwest University BS / Construction Management
Minor / Occupational Safety and Health
Wastenaw Community College - Criminal Justice
International Ironworker Joint Apprenticeship
United States Department of Energy - Subject Mater Expert (SME) – Cranes and Rigging, Heavy Equipment Operations, Steel Erection & Fall Protection
Columbia Southern University – Professional Certificate of Environmental, Health and Safety Law
• OSHA Training Institute--OSHA 500 Regulatory Compliance Training
• Environmental, Health and Safety Law - Colombia University
• Multi-Employer Work Site Policy
• State of California -- Environmental, Health and Safety Law Training
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Erectors Association Safety and Health Committee;
Steel Erectors Safety Association of Colorado, Safety and Health Committee;
Associated General Contractors, (New Mexico Building Branch) Safety and Health Committee.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: State of New Mexico - Crane and Rigging - Instructor
Department of Labor Recognized Fall Protection - Instructor
Certified Mobile and Tower Crane Inspector - Instructor (Department of Labor Approved)
National Certification Crane Operator - CIC
National Crane Operator Certification Trainer - CIC
National Certification - Forklift Operator, Instructor
Recognized OSHA/DOL/MSHA Instructor
Recognized Fall Protection, Instructor
National Crane Operator Practical Examiner
Crane and Rigging Inspector Certification - Instructor
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 40.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Cranes, Heavy Rigging, Multi-Employer Work Site Policy, OSHA, MSHA, Fall Portection, Steel Erection, Forklifts, Heavy Haul and Department of Transportation.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: More than 40.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 14
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 4
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 24 Years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Accident investigations
Annual Crane Inspections
OSHA/MSHA Audit and Assessment Consultation and Inspections
National Crane Operator Certification Training
Due diligence assessments
Expert Testimony – Cranes & Rigging, Steel Erection, Fall Protection, Multi-Employer Worksite Policy
Crane Accident – Post Accident Recovery
Available upon request.