Roy E. Montgomery
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Mr. Montgomery is a Wildland Fire Consultant with over 35 years of extensive experience in all aspects of wildland fire management as a fire program manager and firefighter. He has experience in managing some of the nations largest and most complex fire incidents as a Type 1 and Type 2 Incident Commander.
Mr. Montgomery has served as a wildland fire expert on wildland fire and prescribed fire incidents including many of the nations largest and most complex fire incidents. Cases involved suppression strategies and tactics, fire investigations, prescribed fire planning and implementation, fire suppression cost analysis and recovery, fire damages assessment, burn area restoration, and fuels management.
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Instructor for various Incident Command position training courses.
Instructor for FEMA's emergency management Type 3 Incident Management Team course.
Instructor for federal interagency Prescribed Fire Planning and Implementation course while employed by Bureau of Land Management.
Presentations on fire management program policies and procedures at regional and national conferences while employed by Bureau of Land Management.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 26
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fire suppression strategies and tactics, fire behavior, burn area damage assessment, burn area restoration, fire suppression cost analysis, fire suppression cost recovery, prescribed fire planning and implementation, fuels management, performance of incident management personnel and factors contributing to firefighter injury, forest management practices and their influence on wildland fires.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 25 percent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 75 percent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 21
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, analysis, investigation, report preparation, site inspections, trial testimony.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $150 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $175 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $190 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $185 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reimbursement for travel expenses, copy fees, supplies, other expenses required to provide requested services at actual cost.
References will be provided upon request.