Rosemary Coates is a Global Supply Chain, Procurement, and Manufacturing Expert focusing on Chinese sourcing and manufacturing, Chinese counterfeit imports, Import/Export, and logistics with 30 years of experience in industry, consulting and expert witnessing.
She is the author of five supply chain books including Amazon.com Best Seller,"42 Rules for Sourcing and Manufacturing in China", and "42 Rules for Superior Field Service" and "Negotiation Blueprinting for Buyers" and "Reshoring Guidebook" and "Legal Blacksmith- How To Avoid and Defend Supply Chain Disputes."
Ms. Coates has consulted with over 80 companies worldwide on manufacturing in China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Mexico, Vietnam, and Europe. She has led ERP systems and software implementations, logistics and transportation, import /export, forecasting, and outsourcing projects.
Ms. Coates has experience in Electronics, Software, Consumer Products, Apparel and Footwear, Toys, Industrial Products, Automotive, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, 3PLs, Contract Manufacturing, and Outsourcing
Ms. Coates earned an MBA with a concentration in Finance and Statistics and a BS in Business Logistics. She is a Licensed U.S. Customs Broker.
She resides in Silicon Valley, California
- Contract Manufacturing
- International Business
- Logistics/Freight Forwarding
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse Operations
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA with emphasis in Finance and Operations Management, University of San Diego
Bachelor of Science in Business Logistics, Arizona State University
Licensed US Customs Broker
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Reshoring Institute
IEEE and Consultants Network of Silicon Valley (CNSV)
Silicon Valley Alliances
Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Global Supply Chain University
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Rosemary Coates currently teaches Supply Chain Architectures and Strategies at UC Berkeley.
Rosemary Coates taught International Business, Importing/Exporting and Business Decision Making as an Adjunct Professor for 10 years in California Colleges and Universities.
She is a frequent keynote speaker and lecturer on China Business and Reshoring, and has recently spoken at Arizona State University, Drucker Business School at Claremont Graduate College, St. Louis University and at the University of San Diego.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as an Expert approximately 40 times and have provided research, written Expert Reports,and have testified in depositions and in court
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Chinese Manufacturing and Sourcing
Chinese counterfeit imports
Toys - product liability
Software Patents related to Supply Chain proceses
Supply Chain planning
Sourcing, Purchasing and Procurement
3rd Party Logistics
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Four
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: two
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 12 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Site Inspections (China)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: All expenses related to Expert work (including travel, copies, etc) are billed at cost in addition to my hourly fees
- 42 Rules for Sourcing and Manufacturing in China
- Quality Fade in China
- How a Chinese Manufacturing Expert Can Assist in Your Case
- Nine Rules for Logistics in China
- Why China Is Not Ready For Lean Manufacturing
- How a China Manufacturing Expert Can Assist in Your Case
- Global Logistics and Distribution Are More Complicated Than You Think
Imran Vakil, Esq
15615 Alton Parkway Ste 450
Irvine, CA 92618
Sarah Rathke, Partner
Squire Patton Boggs
4900 Key Tower
127 Public Square
Cleveland, OH 44114
Lexie White, Partner
Susman Godfrey LLP
1000 Louisiana, Suite 5100
Houston, Texas 77002-5096
Gerry Meunier, Partner
Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, LLC
2800 Energy Centre
1100 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70163