* M.D. from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York.
* Internship, Ophthalmology Residency, and Cornea & External Disease Fellowship training at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
* High-volume, Private Practice Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship.
* Dual Fellowship training creates highly specific acumen in areas of ocular pathology involving both the anterior and posterior segment.
* 27 years practicing Ophthalmology.
* 17 years, primarily as a busy (200+ patient visits and 10-15 surgeries per week), practicing Vitreoretinal Surgeon.
* M.B.A. from University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Business.
* Years of myriad experience within multiple healthcare delivery paradigms.
* Legal experience and formal training as an Ophthalmic Expert Witness for both plaintiff and defense in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury as well as Ophthalmic Independent Medical Exams.
* Equipped with articulate communication and interpersonal skills in building positive relationships with patients and professionals, including timely, compelling written expert reports and testimony.
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Laser Surgery
- Medical Devices
- Medical Fraud
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
MD: Columbia University College of physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York
Transitional Internship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Ophthalmology Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Cornea and External Disease Fellowship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship: South Texas Retina Consultants
MBA: University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Medicine
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Retina Specialists
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 60
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Causation determination
Standard of Care determination
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 7 in the last 4 years
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: This year
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Witness
Medical Record Review
Hospitals & Medical Services
Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $800
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $800
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $800
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $800
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Basic Fee Schedule and Engagement Letter available upon request.
Available Upon Request