Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York Doctorate of Medicine with subsequent Internship, Ophthalmology Residency, and Cornea & External Disease Fellowship training at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. An additional Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship at South Texas Retina Associates provides super-subspecialization in areas of ocular pathology involving both the anterior and posterior segment, having practiced ophthalmology 23 years and specified niche over 11 years, primarily as a busy, practicing Vitreoretinal Surgeon. Strong educational foundation is further shored by a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Business in addition to years of myriad experience within multiple healthcare delivery paradigms. Developing legal experience and formal training as an Ophthalmic Expert Witness for both plaintiff and defense in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury as well as Ophthalmic Independent Medical Exams. Equipped with articulate communication and interpersonal skills in building positive work relationships with patients and professionals, including timely, compelling written expert reports.
Areas of Expertise
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Laser Surgery
- Medical Devices
- Medical Fraud
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
MD: Columbia University College of physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York
Transitional Internship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Ophthalmology Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Cornea and External Disease Fellowship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship: South Texas Retina Consultants
MBA: University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Medicine
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 8
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Causation determination
Standard of Care determination
Independent Medical Examinations
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 25%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 75%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2 in the last 4 years
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: This year
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 1
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Witness
Medical Record Review
Hospitals & Medical Services
Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $800
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $800`
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $800
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $800
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Basic Fee Schedule and Engagement Letter available upon request.
Available Upon Request