"I very strongly recommend Rhonda. She’s great to work with, and her work product is absolutely top-shelf." Greenberg & Traurig, LLP
Founded in 2005, Harper Litigation Consulting and Research has been trusted by more than 165 law firms. Ms. Rhonda Harper is a courtroom proven expert witness, having provided expertise in virtually every circuit, along with JAMS, TTAB, PTO, and FTC. She has also provided testimony for both the prosecution and defense in federal and state criminal trials for offenses ranging from fraud to murder.
As a former Fortune 100 chief marketing officer and an adjunct marketing professor, she is uniquely court-qualified in many areas, including intellectual property infringement surveys, misleading and fraudulent advertising, licensing, defamation, and commercial reasonableness.
Ms. Harper is routinely retained to formulate expert surveys, conduct rebuttal critiques, or construct rebuttal surveys to show the potential difference in results with properly designed and executed surveys.
- Public Opinion & Survey Research
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA, Emory University Goizueta Business School
BS, Education / Math Resource, Illinois State University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Ms. Rhonda Harper has served as a member of Boards of Directors for:
Brand Activation Association
Emory University Goizueta Business School Alumni Association
Partnership Against Domestic Violence
Leadership Worth Following
Ms. Harper is a member, or former member, of:
International Trademark Association
Data & Marketing Association
American Marketing Association
Institute of International Research
American Association for Public Opinion Research
Public Relations Society of America
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Teaching:
American University Adjunct MBA Marketing Professor
Fairleigh Dickenson University Adjunct MBA Marketing Professor
Emory University Goizueta Business School - Guest Lecturer
High School Math Teacher
Corporate and industry speaker.
- Harvard Business School
- Institute for International Research
- American Marketing Association
- Promotion Marketing Association
- Eli Lilly
- Public Relations Society of America
- Anheuser Busch
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Intellectual Property Surveys: Trademark, Trade Dress, Patent
Distribution & Trade
Consumer Package Goods
Retail Personal Injury
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60% - 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30% - 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 60+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 60+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 30+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 17
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: General Information
Ms. Rhonda Harper's expert witness fees are $750 per hour or $375 per hour for non-working travel time. She requires an upfront non-refundable retainer of $15,000 or 50% of estimated expert witness fees, whichever is greater. All invoices must be paid prior to the delivery of the final, signed report.
Deposition and trial fees are estimated, at 5 hours and 3 hours respectively, and invoices are due two weeks prior to the event. If the event is canceled or rescheduled for any reason, the fees are not refundable. Reconciliation of fees occurs within two weeks of the event. Ms. Harper travels business class with travel costs paid upon receipt.
Ms. Harper's survey fees begin at $35,000 plus an estimated sample cost of $7,500. Survey fees and costs depend on the type and format of survey, number and types of stimuli, complexity of analysis, and universe incidence rates. Once your specific project is scoped, Ms. Harper will provide a fixed fee. A 50% upfront nonrefundable payment for the survey's design, fielding, and oral top-line findings is required. Ms. Harper will soft-launch the survey to a limited, non-statistically based, number of respondents to ensure survey integrity. The soft-launch will then be expanded to the full number of respondents. Based on the findings, the client may or may not request a final, written report for the remaining fee. Ideally, Ms. Harper requires four to six weeks to complete a survey, including the report. If the timeline is less than four weeks, a survey may be completed for a rush fee.
Survey Rebuttal Report Fees
Survey rebuttal reports typically range from $35,000 to $40,000. The exact fees depend on the complexity of the rebuttal required. Ms. Harper requires a minimum of two weeks to complete the rebuttal report or rush charges may apply.
Likelihood of Confusion - Factor Analysis Add-On
If you are engaging HLCR to conduct a likelihood of confusion survey and report, for an add-on fee beginning at $20,000. Ms. Harper will also provide a Factor Analysis based on your Circuit's factors. Court-certified in marketing, branding, strategic planning, and more, she is adept at completing this type of analysis through the lens of a marketing executive.
Law firms, both large and small, have relied on Ms. Rhonda Harper's expertise and experience - many for more than one case.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
Albritton Law Firm
Altman Law Group
Anderson & Anderson
Astourian & Associates
Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
Barnes & Thornburg
Benton Law Firm
Braxton Hilton & Perrone
Brewer Attorneys & Counselors
Brinks Gilson & Lione
Brown Fox Law
Brozynski & Dalton
Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes
Bues Gilbert McGroder
Burstein & Associates
Christensen O'Connor Johnson Kindness
Colley Shroyer and Abraham
Cox Wootton Lerner
Crowell & Moring
David Howard Law Firm
Devlin Law Firm
Ditthavong & Steiner
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig
Espinosa Trueba Martinez
Fasthoff Law Firm
Feldman Law Group
Ference & Associates
Fitzhugh Alvalero and Lee
Foley & Lardner
Friedman & Feiger
Frutkin Law Firm
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel
Grant, Genovese & Baratta
Gugliotta & Gugliotta
Hagans Montgomery Rustay
Hartline Dacus Barger Dreyer
Hinshaw & Culbertson
James H Horton Law Offices
John J Skinner
Jones Waldo Holbrook & McDonough
Kane Russell Coleman & Logan
Kauffman & Kahn
Kellogg Huber Hansen Todd Evans & Figel
Kirkland & Ellis
Krogh & Decker
Law Offices of John D. Gugliotta
Law Offices of Mark B. Rosen
Law Offices of William G. Shaw Jr.
Lee Shome & Kennedy
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie
Lipton Weinberger & Husick
Lowe Hauptmann Ham & Berner
Madden & Madden
Manning & Kass Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester
Mark G. Usdin
Mark Migdal & Hayden
Matthews Lawson Mccutcheon & Joseph
McArthur Law Practice
McCauley Westberg & Ramirez
McCormick & Priore
McDavid & Associates
Merchant Law Group
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff
Michael Freund & Associates
Michelman & Robinson
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp
Morris Manning & Martin
Morrison & Foerster
Mullin Russ Kilejian
Munger Tolles & Olsen
Niro Haller & Niro
O'Melveny & Myers
Onal Gallant & Partners
Paul Owens Law Firm
Paul Wilkinson Law Firm
Porter | Hedges
Quarles and Brady
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
Ramirez and Associates
Reeves & Brightwell
Richard Harrison PA Attorneys at Law
Sanchelima & Associates
Sandberg Phoenix & Von Gantard
Sanjiv N. Singh, APLC
Shackelford Melton & McKinley
Shafer & Associates
Shearman & Sterling
Sheef & Stone
Sheehy Ware & Pappas
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
Spangenberg Shibley & Liber
Stanton IP Law Firm
Stinson Leonard Street
Sullivan & Cromwell
Swanson & Bratschun
The Ryan Law Firm
Thomas & LoCicero
Touchstone Bernays Attorneys at Law
Van De Poel, Levy, Arneal & Serot
Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease
Wilshire Law Firm
Womble Bond Dickinson
Zuber Lawler & Del Duca