RETAINED BY 95+ LAW FIRMS
"I very strongly recommend Rhonda. She’s great to work with, and her work product is absolutely top-shelf." Greenberg & Traurig, LLP
* FORTUNE 100 CMO * ADJUNCT MARKETING PROFESSOR * ENTREPRENEUR
Trademark and Trade Dress Infringement | Misleading and Deceptive Advertising | Licensing | Consumer Privacy | Commercial Reasonableness | Merchandising
Retained by 95+ law firms, Rhonda Harper MBA has provided consulting and testimony in cases involving trademarks and trade dress, advertising, branding, promotion, consumer privacy, consumer perceptions and behavior, innovation, product development and product launches, market analysis, market research, share and size, marketing effectiveness, corporate and marketing strategy, media relations, public relations, communications, and packaging.
Ms. Harper is routinely retained to formulate expert surveys, conduct rebuttal critiques, or construct rebuttal surveys to show the potential difference in results with properly designed and executed surveys. She has extensive experience and a deep understanding of survey design, sampling, question construction, data analysis, and methodological pitfalls that introduce bias or systematic error.
Located in Dallas, TX, Ms. Harper is a former Fortune 100 C-Suite Executive in marketing, branding, consumer research, strategy, licensing, public relations and advertising. Also a former Adjunct Marketing Professor, she has been retained by more than 95 law firms since 2005. She has conducted 50+ intellectual property Lanham Act surveys, produced 75+ reports, been deposed 50+ times, and served in 20+ trials and arbitrations.
Areas of Expertise
- Intellectual Property
- Public Opinion & Survey Research
- Trade Secrets
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA, Emory Goizueta School of Business
BS, Education / Math Resource, Illinois State University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member - CMO Club
Member - Business Roundtable
Member - MENG - Marketing Executives Networking Group
Member - AMA - American Marketing Association
Member - MRI Marketing Research Institute
Board Member - Emory Goizueta Alumni Association
Board Member - Leadership Worth Following (www.leadershipworthfollowing.com)
Board Member - Partnership Against Domestic Violence
Board Member - National Association of Advertisers
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Teaching:
American University Adjunct MBA Marketing Professor
Fairleigh Dickenson University Adjunct MBA Marketing Professor
Emory University Goizueta Business School - Guest Lecturer
High School Math Teacher
Sought after corporate and industry speaker. Recent engagements include:
- Harvard Business School
- Institute for International Research
- American Marketing Association
- Promotion Marketing Association
- Eli Lilly
- Public Relations Society of America
- Anheuser Busch
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Intellectual Property Surveys: Trademark, Trade Dress, Patent
Distribution & Trade
Consumer Package Goods
Retail Personal Injury
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 45+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 45+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 20+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $600
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: A non-refundable retainer of $7500 or 50% of estimated fees is due prior to project commencement. Miscellaneous fees are billed at cost. These fees include, but are not limited to, travel expenses, copies ($.50/page), and postage. Business Class travel, non-refundable and paid in advance. Depositions and trial fees estimated and paid in advance and reconciled within 2 weeks post event. If cancelled, non-refundable. Non-working travel time billed at $300/hour.
Law Firm References Provided Upon Request