"I very strongly recommend Rhonda. She’s great to work with, and her work product is absolutely top-shelf." Greenberg & Traurig, LLP
Founded in 2005, Harper Litigation Consulting and Research has been trusted by more than 120 law firms. Ms. Rhonda Harper is a courtroom proven expert witness, having provided expertise in virtually every circuit, along with JAMS, TTAB, PTO, and FTC. She has also provided testimony for both the prosecution and defense in federal and state criminal trials for offenses ranging from fraud to murder. As a former Fortune 100 chief marketing officer and an adjunct marketing professor, she is uniquely court-qualified in many areas, including intellectual property infringement surveys, misleading and fraudulent advertising, licensing, defamation, and commercial reasonableness. Ms. Harper is routinely retained to formulate expert surveys, conduct rebuttal critiques, or construct rebuttal surveys to show the potential difference in results with properly designed and executed surveys.
- Public Opinion & Survey Research
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA, Emory University Goizueta Business School
BS, Education / Math Resource, Illinois State University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Ms. Rhonda Harper has served as a member of Boards of Directors for:
Brand Activation Association
Emory University Goizueta Business School Alumni Association
Partnership Against Domestic Violence
Leadership Worth Following
Ms. Harper is a member, or former member, of:
International Trademark Association
Data & Marketing Association
American Marketing Association
Institute of International Research
American Association for Public Opinion Research
Public Relations Society of America
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Teaching:
American University Adjunct MBA Marketing Professor
Fairleigh Dickenson University Adjunct MBA Marketing Professor
Emory University Goizueta Business School - Guest Lecturer
High School Math Teacher
Corporate and industry speaker.
- Harvard Business School
- Institute for International Research
- American Marketing Association
- Promotion Marketing Association
- Eli Lilly
- Public Relations Society of America
- Anheuser Busch
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 150+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Intellectual Property Surveys: Trademark, Trade Dress, Patent
Distribution & Trade
Consumer Package Goods
Retail Personal Injury
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60% - 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30% - 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 60+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 50+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 20+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 17
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $650
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: General Information
Ms. Rhonda Harper's expert witness fees are $650 per hour or $325 per hour for non-working travel time. Harper requires an upfront non-refundable retainer fee of $10,000 or 50% of estimated expert witness fees, whichever is higher. She generally invoices bi-weekly with 30 day terms.
All invoices must be paid prior to the delivery of the final, signed report. Deposition and trial fees are estimated and are due two weeks prior to event. If the event is canceled or changed for any reason, the fees are not refundable. Reconciliation of fees occurs within two weeks of the event. Ms. Harper travels business class with travel costs paid upon receipt.
Expert Naming Only
To name Ms. Rhonda Harper as an expert in your case, she requires an upfront non-refundable $10,000 retainer. This retainer may be applied to any work subsequently required.
Generally, Ms. Rhonda Harper's survey fees average $35,000. Once she has scoped the project, she will provide a fixed fee. A 50% upfront nonrefundable payment for the survey's design, fielding, and oral top-line findings is required. Based on the findings, the client may or may not request a final, written report for the remaining fee. Sample costs are estimated at $7,500 but can be more if the participants are 'a needle in a haystack' to find. Ideally, Ms. Harper requires 2-6 weeks to complete a survey, including the report. If the timeline is less than four weeks, a survey may be completed and may include a rush fee.
Surveys Rebuttal Reports
Survey rebuttal reports generally range from $20,000 to $30,000. Ms. Harper requires a minimum of two weeks to complete the rebuttal report or rush charges may apply.
Non-Survey Expert Reports
Depending the topic and substance, expert reports generally begin at $25,000 and require 2-12 weeks to complete.
Law firms, both large and small, have relied on Ms. Rhonda Harper's expertise and experience - many for more than one case.
* Repeat Client For More Than One Case. ** Retained For More Than One Project For One Case.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
Albritton Law Firm
Altman Law Group
Anderson & Anderson LLP
Astourian & Associates Inc.
Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
Barnes & Thornburg LLC**
Benton Law Firm
Brinks Gilson & Lione
Brown Fox Law
Braxton Hilton & Perrone PLLC
Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes, PLLC**
Choken Welling LLP
Colley Shroyer and Abraham
Cox Wootton Lerner
David Howard Law Firm PC
Dawson Parish PC
Dentons US LLP*,**
Devlin Law Firm*,**
Ditthavong & Steiner**
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig**
Espinosa Tueba PL
Feldman Law Group
Fitzhugh Alvalero and Lee
Foley & Lardner LLP *, **
Foster Pepper PLLC**
Friedman & Feiger
Frutkin Law Firm PLC
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel
Grant, Genovese & Baratta, LLP
Greenberg Traurig LLP*, **
Gugliotta & Gugliotta, LPA
Hagans Montgomery Rustay PC
Hartline Dacus Barger Dreyer LLP
Hedrick Kring PLLC
James H Horton Law Offices PC
John J Skinner
Jones Waldo Holbrook & McDonough
Kane Russell Coleman & Logan PC
Kellogg Huber Hansen Todd Evans & Figel
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Law Offices of John D. Gugliotta
Law Offices of Mark B. Rosen
Law Offices of William G. Shaw Jr.
Lee Shome & Kennedy LLP**
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie
Lipton Weinberger & Husick
Lowe Hauptmann Ham & Berner LLP
Madden & Madden PA
Manning & Kass Ellrod, Ramirez, Trester LLP
Mark G. Usdin PA
Mark Migdal & Hayden
Matesky Law PLLC**
McArthur Law Practice
McCauley Westberg & Ramirez PLLC
McCormick & Priore PC
McDavid & Associates PC
McGowan Legal PLLLC**
Merchant Law Group
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP
Michael Freund & Associates
Michelman & Robinson, LLP
Morris Manning & Martin
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Mullin Russ Kilejian PC
Munger Tolles & Olsen LLP
Niro Haller & Niro
O'Melveny & Myers LLP
Paul Hastings LLP
Paul Owens Law Firm
Paul Wilkinson Law Firm LLC
Ramirez and Associates PC
Richard Harrison PA Attorneys at Law
Romero Park PC
Sandberg Phoenix & Von Gantard*,**
Shackelford Melton & McKinley
Shafer & Associates PC
Shearman & Sterling LLP
Sheef & Stone LLP
Sheehy Ware & Pappas
SML Avvocati PC**
Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP
Stanton IP Law Firm, PA
Stinson Leonard Street**
Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
Swanson & Bratschun LLC
Taylor Porter **
Thomas & LoCicero PL
Touchstone Bernays Attorneys at Law
Van De Poel, Levy, Arneal & Serot, LLP
Vedder Price*, **
Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease LLP
Wagner McLaughlin PA
Womble Bond Dickinson**
Zuber Lawler & Del Duca LLP