Nikhil’s focus is on mechanical/metallurgical/materials behavior and equipment function to determine cause(s) of premature failure. His background in mechanical engineering and materials science has allowed him to become involved in various litigation matters including medical malpractice cases (medical implant failures), product liability failures, automotive accident component failures, personal injury matters including bicycles and yacht accidents. He has a number of publications related to fatigue, fracture and failure analysis of composite materials, polymers, metals and alloys. He has taught at the University of Southern California for the Viterbi School of Engineering and provides consultation to local aerospace and material science companies.
- Accident Investigation
- Aerospace Engineering
- All Terrain Vehicles (ATV)
- Analytical Testing Labs
- Design Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Gas Turbine Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Paint & Coatings
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Professional Mechanical Engineer (State of California)
Professional Metallurgical/Materials Engineer (State of California)
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
M.S. Mechanical Engineering
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASM
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 50+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Metallurgical Engineering
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Twice.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Once.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, metallurgical/materials testing, expert reports, site inspections, investigations.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $450
Robert M. Partain, Esq. / Mark Robinson, Esq.
Attorney at Law
ROBINSON CALCAGNIE, INC.
19 Corporate Plaza Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Tel: (949) 720-1288
Fax: (949) 720-1292
Alan K. Brubaker
Wingert Grebing Brubaker & Juskie LLP
600 West Broadway, Suite 1200
San Diego, CA 92101