Michael F. Richards has over 34 years of banking experience as a President, Work-out Specialist, Loan Officer, Organizer, and Director. He provides consulting and expert witness testimony for bank related state and federal cases nationally. He represents both plaintiffs (49%) and defendants (51%).
In 2009 Mr. Richards began his consulting and expert witness career, serving financial institutions and borrowers. He has qualified in federal and state courts as an expert witness. He has represented clients in Alabama, Arizona, Minnesota, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Washington, Indiana, Oregon, Missouri, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Connecticut, Iowa, North Dakota, Illinois, West Virginia, Georgia, and Colorado. He has also qualified as an expert witness in a federal criminal case. In the past 5 years he has been retained on 82 cases. He is qualified in all areas of commercial banking but has a special expertise in large complex commercial real estate litigation and large commercial loans.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Real Estate
- Credit Damage
- Fraud Investigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate Finance
- White Collar Crime
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as an expert witness in the area of banking 82 times in the past 5 years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Banking and finance.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 49%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 51%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Sixteen times as an expert witness.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: December 2015.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have never been denied.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Ten times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Six years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, expert report writing, testifying, document review, discovery assistance, and deposition question assistance.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: My current hourly rate is $400.00.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: My current hourly rate is $400.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: My hourly travel rate is $400.00 and reimbursement for all travel expenses.
References upon request.