Mr. Meyer R. Rosen has over thirty-five years of industrial experience in chemistry and chemical engineering. He also has 15 years experience as an Adjunct Professor of Fire Science. He serves as an expert witness, in both Federal and State matters, for attorneys and insurance companies in both plaintiff and defense cases. Mr. Rosen specializes in products liability and personal injury as well as intellectual property cases such as patent infringement and trade secret litgation. He is nationally certified as both a Professional Chemist and Professional Chemical Engineer. Meyer is also a certified fire and explosion investigator (advance training). His expertise includes, but is not limited to: fires, explosions, hazardous chemicals and materials, toxic exposure, chemical burns, household and industrial products, cosmetics, cosmetic science, and hair relaxer injuries. Mr. Rosen is experienced in identifying safer alternatives, technical aspects of warnings, instructions & labels, OSHA regulations, and Codes and Standards.
Meyer holds over 20 U.S. patents, is Editor-in-Chief of the 3 volume, 2,600 page 9th Edition of Harry's Cosmeticology (http://www.chemical-publishing.com/category_s/44.htm) and Editor-in-Chief of Eurocosmetics Magazine (Germany). He has authored over 40 articles in peer-reviewed technical publications, is Editor of the 1,100 page "Delivery System Handbook for Personal Care and Cosmetic Products", co-author of the Rheology Modifier Handbook and Book Series Editor for Personal Care and Cosmetic Technology seven books (Elsevier Publishers).
Mr. Rosen is a Fellow of the American College of Forensic Engineering, and Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (London). He is Chief Scientific Advisor and Technical Program Director for HBA Global Expo Conferences (Emeritus); founder and organizer of several International Safety and Regulatory Symposia; a technical journalist for numerous publications in the specialty chemical industry, and referee for several peer-reviewed technical journals. Meyer has also served as Vice President and executive board member of the Association of Consulting Chemists and Chemical Engineers and has served on it’s Executive Board. He is also a past Director of the American Institute of Chemists and a member of several ASTM standards-making committees.
Phone: (516) 922-2167
Fax: (516) 922-3830
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Apparel & Textile Industry
- Brick & Stone
- Burn Injury
- Chemical Engineering
- Combustion Engineering
- Consumer Products
- Environmental Toxicology
- Equipment & Machinery
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Forensic Engineering
- Hazardous Materials
- Intellectual Property
- Labels & Warnings
- Lead Poisoning
- Medical Devices
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Oil & Gas
- Paint & Coatings
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Safety Equipment
- Sanitary Engineering/Waste Management
- Trade Secrets
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CFEI: Nationally Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator (Advanced Training)
CPC: Nationally Certified Professional Chemist
CChE: Nationally Certified Professional Chemical Engineer
FAIC: Fellow: American Institute of Chemists
FRSC: Fellow: Royal Society of Chemists (London)
DABFET: Diplomate: American Board of Forensic Engineers & Technology
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Fire Protection Association, Senior Member
American Chemical Society
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
National Society of Cosmetic Chemists
New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists
International Federation/Society of Cosmetic Chemists
Royal Society of Chemistry (London)
Center for Dermal Research (Rutgers University)
American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM): Voting Member (several committees)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct Professor of Fire Science (15 years): Westchester Community College
Course Director: Center for Professional Advancement, 3-day course in “Scientific Fire Fighting”.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over approximately 75 (in forensic practice 23 years)
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Consulting and Testifying Forensic expert witness in products liability and Personal Injury for plaintiff or defense; both Federal and State. Intellectual Property, Trade Secrets. Cases including, but not limited to: fires, explosions, hazardous chemicals, chemical burns and toxic exposure. Consumer and industrial products and processes. Accident reconstruction.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: about 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: about 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over approximately 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: over 4 years ago
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 24 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: CONSULTING CHEMIST & CHEMICAL ENGINEER
Forensic Litigation; Consulting and testifying, Legal Document review and analysis, Case documentation review, preparation of affadavits, technical reports, opinions, depositions, court testimony, attorney education in technical matters.
Chemical Technology Assessment; Intellectual Property & Trade Secret Litigation; Cosmetic and Industrial Product and Process Development; Creation of new applications and Technical Marketing/Editing for Specialty Chemicals (over 20 Patents); International experience.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450/hr; 15 hr retainer for products liability and personal injury
$ 500/Hr 15 hr retainer for Intellectual Property, patent infringement, trade secret litigation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $ 450/Hr - $500/hr (depending on case type)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $ 5,000./day or part thereof
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 5,000/day or part thereorf
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel: $250/Hr
All other pre-approved expenses
Bisogno and Meyerson
7018 Fort Hamilton Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11228
109 N. Oregon St.
El Paso, TX 79901
Law Office of Jeannette Ppyerd-Loicono, PLLC
145 Constant Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314