Registered Nurse since 1988. Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) since 1996. Certified in Texas as Adult/Adolescent and Pediatric SANE since 1998 and with International Association of Forensic Nurses Adult/Adolescent since 2002 and Pediatric since 2005. Certified Forensic Nurse and Certified Forensic Consultant with the American College of Forensic Examiners International. Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Nurses and Law Enforcement Experts, Fellow American College Forensic Examiners International.
Master Certified Peace Officer, TX Law Enforcement Educator in Sexual Assault/Family Violence Investigations and Advanced Child Abuse Investigation, Human Trafficking
Specialty Areas (Both Medical and Law Enforcement)
Sexual Assault (Adults, Adolescents and Children)
Areas of Expertise
- Child Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Elder Abuse
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Law Enforcement
- Sexual Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Registered Nurse since 1988 Graduated from Paris Jr. College, Paris Texas Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Emergency Department/Trauma since 1993 Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner since 1996 Police Officer since 1996. Graduated Northeast Texas Community College Mount Pleasant TX 1996 Associate of Applied Science Criminal Justice Educator in Nursing and Law Enforcement
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Texas Association Against Sexual Assault
International Association of Forensic Nurses
Texas Chapter International Association of Forensic Nurses
Texas Nurses Association local Chapter
Texas Sheriff's Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Contract Trainer for The Texas Office of the Attorney General--Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Course
Contract Trainer for Training & Research For Professional Law Enforcement(TRIPLE) Sexual Assault Family Violence Investigator Course (SAFVIC), SAFVIC for Cypercrimes, Advanced Child Abuse Investigator Course, Human Trafficking
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 50-60
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Sexual Assault
Nursing care and Law Enforcement procedure in Investigations
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10 years
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 104
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 75
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 22
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $150.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $150.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $150.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $150.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Mileage from Mount Vernon, Texas $ 0.55 per mile
Travel time rate
$ 150.00 per hour
Air travel if greater than 400 miles round $ Domestic carrier charges
Hotel rate $150.00 per night (includes taxes)
In the event accommodations are higher in the area, the difference will be my responsibility to cover.
Hotel accommodations will be requested beginning the evening prior to your need.
Base may make provisions for accommodations on site.
Meal stipend $ 46.00 per day
Retainer: $1000.00 Civilian Cases
No Retainer for Military Contract
Contractual agreement/ MOU required
Elizabeth A. Handschuch, Esq.
Insurance Law Associates*
Handschuch Law P.C.*
201 Laurence Drive
P.O. Box 509 Suite 203
Heath, TX 75032
Direct Dial: (214) 628-4445
Fax: (855) 367-7658
Board Certified: Criminal Law
Texas Board of Legal Specialization
100 N. Travis, Suite 404
Sherman, TX 75090
John Hunter Smith
Board Certified Criminal Law
Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
Wynne & Smith
Attorneys At Law
707 W. Washington
Sherman, Texas 75092
TEL: (903) 893-8177
FAX: (903) 892-0916
Legal Experience: 30 years
Law School: Texas Tech University
Charles S. Chambers
915 Texas Ave
Lubbock, TX 79401