Dr. Harvey founded Harvey Medical Legal Consulting in 2012 to offer her orthopedic trauma, spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury expertise. Dr. Harvey serves the legal industry as a Life Care Planner, Forensic Analyst, Damages Expert and Medical Consultant. She maintains a private practice, as well as certifications as a Life Care Planner, Industrial Ergonomist, Functional Capacity Evaluator, Return to Work, Work Readiness and Work Hardening Evaluator. Dr. Harvey holds Therapeutic Pain Science Specialty certification that allows her to autonomously evaluate and treat Pain Management patients.
Harvey Medical Legal Consulting provides Life Care Planning, A Day in the Life Video Presentations, Expert Witness Reports and Testimony, Damage Assessment, Medical Record Review, and Life Expectancy Services.
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Fitness for Duty Evaluation
- Life Care Planning
- Long Term Care
- Medical Records
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pain Management
- Personal Injury
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: M.S. Biokinesiology, Columbia University
Therapeutic Pain Specialist, International Spine and Pain Institute
Doctor of Physical Therapy, International Spine and Pain Institute
Licensed Physical Therapist
Certified Life Care Planner
Certified Functional Capacity Evaluator
Return to Work, Work Hardening, Ready to Work Evaluator
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Pain Medicine
American Board of Disability Analysts
American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals
International Academy of Life Care Planning
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I have been a member of the faculty of The University of Southern California since 1995
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 90
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Harvey Medical Legal Consulting provides Life Care Planning, A Day in the Life Video Presentations, Expert Witness Report and Testimony, Damage Assessment, Medical Record Review, and Life Expectancy Services.
I have been retained in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, workman's compensation and wrongful death.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 45%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 55%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 48
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 26
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 36
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 27
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical Legal Consulting, Medical Expert Witness Testimony, Life Care Plans and Life Care Plan Rebuttal, Functional Capacity Evaluations, Pain Management Evaluation and Report, Product Research and Clinical Trial Assessment for Product Liability, Forensic Chart Analysis and Research, Medical Chart Review and Analytics, Future Medical Cost Projections, Long Term Care Assessment, Home and Site Evaluation.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $550, 3 hour minimum
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550, 4 hour minimum
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: reasonable and customary travel expenses and time only
Available Upon Request