Full-time, acacemic surgeon practicing in a busy, Level 1-certified trauma center. I specialize in Emergency Surgery, Trauma, and Surgical Critical Care, and am double board certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care by the American Board of Surgery. I am responsible for training and educating medical students and residents in the areas of general surgery, trauma, and surgical critical care (ICU). My specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to, Emergent/Acute General Surgery (appendectomy, cholecystectomy, bowel perforation, acute abdomen, etc.), Trauma, and Critical Care Medicine.
Areas of Expertise
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Colorectal Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Trauma, Surgical Critical Care, and Emergency General Surgery academic surgeon, board certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. Clinically active as full-time teaching faculty with university affiliation.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member of American College of Surgeons, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Association for Academic Surgery, Shock Society, and Association of Women Surgeons.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: As a full-time teaching faculty at an academic medical institution, I have extensive teaching and presentation experience, both regionally and nationally.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: General Surgery, Critical Care, Trauma, Emergency General Surgery, Acute Care Surgery.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Within the past 6 months.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical chart review and expert witness services.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Retention fee is $3000. Any activity which requires travel, including but not limited to depositions and appearances at trial, will be billed at a rate of $10,000 per day.
Steve Harman, Esq.
Steve Harman Law, PLLC
Office: (406) 969-4498
Tim James, Esq.
James Law, PC
Yankton, South Dakota
Office: (605) 665-0594