Double board certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical care by the American Board of Surgery. Currently practicing full-time in a busy, Level 1-certified academic trauma center. Responsible for training and education of medical students and residents. Areas of interest in Emergent/Acute General Surgery (appendectomy, cholecystectomy, bowel perforation, acute abdomen, etc.), Trauma, and Surgical Critical Care (ICU care).
Areas of Expertise
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Colorectal Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Trauma, Surgical Critical Care, and Emergency General Surgery academic surgeon, board certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. Clinically active as full-time teaching faculty with university affiliation.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member of American College of Surgeons, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Association for Academic Surgery, Shock Society, and Association of Women Surgeons.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: As a full-time teaching faculty at an academic medical institution, I have extensive teaching and presentation experience, both regionally and nationally.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: General Surgery, Critical Care, Trauma, Emergency General Surgery, Acute Care Surgery.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Within the past 6 months.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical chart review and expert witness services.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Retention fee is $3000. Any activity which requires travel, including but not limited to depositions and appearances at trial, will be billed at a rate of $10,000 per day.
Steve Harman, Esq.
Steve Harman Law, PLLC
Office: (406) 969-4498
Tim James, Esq.
James Law, PC
Yankton, South Dakota
Office: (605) 665-0594