Kathryn Arnold is a highly sought after Entertainment Consultant and Expert Witness with over 20 years hands on experience in feature film and TV development, production, international sales, and finance. Having worked as both a producer and executive, Kathryn understands the inner workings of the entertainment industry, its business practices and the economic complexities involved in a world that very few comprehend. Working closely with each client, she brings the full benefit of this valuable experience to bear on the client’s unique case.
Kathryn has served on over 6 dozen cases involving loss of wages and economic damage claims ranging from $200k to $250 Million. She has provided expert testimony, reporting, consultation economic damage analysis, and referrals for clients in both Federal and State courts on cases regarding copyright infringement, breach of contract, disfigurement, personal injury, wrongful death, international sales and distribution, production challenges and economic downturn.
Relying on strong and extensive hands-on experience, training and education I deliver clients with reports, findings and information to achieve responsible results in their cases. Experience with deposition and trial testimony.
Areas of Expertise:
-International Film Sales
-Motion Picture Distribution
- Entertainment & Media
- Intellectual Property
- Lost Profits
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Arts/Economics from UCLA
UNIDO-CARIBBEAN Partnership for the Creative Audiovisual Industries: Cinematic & Entrepreneurial Motivation Award
Winner of the Venice Film Festival, Best Short Film 1994
Winner of the Crystal Heart Award at the Heartland Film Festival 2001
Billboard Top 5 Video ("Shining Stars: The Official Story of Earth, Wind & Fire")
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Los Angeles Venture Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Facilitator for UNIDO-CARIBBEAN Partnership for the Creative Audiovisual Industries
Trainer and Course Leader for AttorneyCredits.com in their program for Continuing Legal Education
Frequent keynoter, speaker and seminar leader for American Film Institute, Women in Film. Keynotes focus on business development, film financing, and personal empowerment
Frequent commentator and industry expert for Bloomberg West, CCTV, CNBC, Al Jazeera, NPR/Marketplace
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 70
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Loss of wages from injury or wrongful death, economic damage analysis, intellectual property rights, chain of title, copyright issues, likeness usage, hiring probabilities, new media, licensing, contracts, business practices, and contract issues as these relate to entertainment industry standards.
Advisory and consulting services on film, television and media development and production created from magazine articles, books, life rights, images and other intellectual and copyrighted property. In addition, I can provide findings on motion picture sales, distribution, and royalties, breach of contract, partnership disputes and standards and practices as they relate to the entertainment industry.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 12-15
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 8
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Expert Testimony and Report Writing
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $650
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel rate is $250 if over 15 miles outside of Los Angeles.
Alison Stein/Susan Kohlman
Jenner & Block, LLP
919 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022-3908
Russell L. Hewit
Dughi, Hewit & Domalewski, P.C.
340 N Ave E, Cranford, NJ 07016
Manning & Kass, Ellrod, Ramirez , Trestor LLP
801 S Figueroa St # 15,
Los Angeles, CA 90017
General Counsel for the Oprah Winfrey Network
1041 N Formosa Ave,
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Michael P. Verna
Bowles & Verna LLP
2121 N California Blvd Suite 875,
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
More Available Upon Request