35 years of experience in the field of Neonatology/Newborn Care of which the past 26 years as a Board-Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, primarily functioning in the maximum level of Neonatal Intensive Care Units (Level IV).
Areas of expertise include EPI (Extremely Preterm Infants), brain injury (therapeutic hypothermia/body cooling), birth injury, infants with respiratory failure, congenital heart disease, neonatal resuscitation, pediatric/cardiothoracic surgical infants, ECMO (heart lung bypass) high-risk deliveries, routine newborn care, newborn developmental follow-up and neonatal transport
- Brain Injury
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Malpractice
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder/Disability
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL Diploma in Nursing (1986)
Miami-Dade Community College-Miami FL Associates Degree in Nursing (1986)
Georgetown University-Washington, DC Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Certification (1995)
University of Phoenix -Tempe, AZ BSN- MSN/Ed (2007)
South Piedmont Community College-Monroe,NC EMT-B (2012)
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants LNC (2016)
Board Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Neonatal Resuscitation Instructor
PALS – Pediatric Advance Life Support
BLS- Basic Life Support
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Pediatrics
National Association of Neonatal Nurses
National Association of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
Carolina Association of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
Association of Neonatal Nurses
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
American Academy of Legal Nurse Consultants
Juris Educational Resource Knowledge for Legal Nurse Consultants
Honduras Medical/Dental Mission Organization - Director of medical clinic
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: • Education of staff nurses, NNP students, medical students and medical residents
• Preceptor for newly hired Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
• Present multiple lectures to include teleconferences for Neonatal Outreach Program
• NRP instructor for annual renewal/initial certifications for staff and physicians
• Developed/ Revised Unit Policies, Procedures and Standards of Care for Level III NICU
• Developed/Maintained Staff Annual Competencies and Exams
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >10
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Neonatology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2 mo
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 7
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, record review, verbal report, written report, depositions, trial
Available Upon Request