Dr. Tyson is a Registered Professional Engineer , Licensed Mechanicl Engineer and Licensed Engineering Contractor in California He has more than thirty three years full time experience in Accident Reconstruction, 3D laser scanning, accident analysis and animation, Safety and Forensic Engineering. He has investigated, analyzed and reconstructed more than five thousand accidents. He has supervised and trained many Engineers and Physicists in the field of Forensic Engineering. He has testified on several hundred occasions on a variety of aspects of Accident Reconstruction for both plaintiff and defense in depositions, arbitrations, civil and criminal, Municipal and Superior Court trials. He has been a Court appointed expert in numerous criminal trials with charges ranging from Manslaughter to First Degree murder. He has testified on litigated cases up to $40 million plus. He has consulted for individuals, major insurance companies, the California State Compensation Fund, Law Offices , County and City agencies. He is a consultant and provides engineering and safety expertise to The US Attorney's Office (Federal Installations, Armed Services), CA Justice Department, many West Coast Cities including the cities of Los Angeles, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Santa Monica, Ontario, Fountain Valley. He is also an Engineering Consultant to many theme parks and public arenas including Walt Disney, Universal Studios, Six Flags, Raging Waters, Los Angeles and Anaheim convention centers, Pasadena Rosebowl, Rialto Arena etc.
- 3D Laser Scanning
- Accident Reconstruction
- Lighting & Illumination
- Mechanical Engineering
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Safety Engineering
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BS Mechanical Engineering
MS Applied Mechanics
JD Juris Doctorate
PE Registered Professional Engineer CA
LICENSES : Mechanical Engineering CA, Engineering Contractor CA
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASTM
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Professor: Engineering Analysis,
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 5000
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Accident Reconstruction, Safety analysis, Slip and Fall analysis and slip testing . Lighhting . Code analysis . ADA accessibility. Vehiclee Accidents : reconstruction pedestrian, motorcycle, truck, forklift , machinery
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: minority
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: majority
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: hundreds of depositions over 33 years
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: January 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: hundreds of cases over 33 years 100% qualified
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: hundreds of cases over 33 years
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 33
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting Testing Report Inspections Scan
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500 1 hr min
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500 1 Hr min
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $1.50 Photo
$585 Half day FARO 3D scan and software fee $875 Full day
Mileage 65c / mile
Printing or out of pocket expense Cost +%15
Media $25 per DV or $50 Video copy on thumb drive
Available Upon Request