Over forty years of experience in the building industry varying from the complete architectural and structural design of buildings to civil design projects that range from small renovations to new multimillion-dollar projects. Mr. McNally is a Professional Engineer, a Registered Architect, and a Certified Special Inspector. This allows him the opportunity to design and/or manage all phases of the building design and construction process together with the unique ability to combine the creative aspects of architecture with the practical nature of engineering. Mr. McNally provided the lead role in assisting the City of Atlantic City with all building related flood and damage repairs because of Hurricane Sandy before leaving his position as head of the Building Services Department (Architectural, Structural and MEP) at a mid-size consulting firm and starting his own firm.
An expert witness with a broad background in both architectural and engineering standards of care,
building codes, inspection and causes and resolutions of construction related defects and failures. Expert
witness testimony provided: U.S. District Court (Federal), Superior Court of New Jersey (State), and New
Jersey Municipal Planning Boards (Township), Arbitration and Mediation.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Architect Liability
- Brick & Stone
- Building Codes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Construction Damages
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Licensed Architect - State of New Jersey
Licensed Professional Engineer - New Jersey, Pennsylvania,Florida
New Jersey Certified Special Inspector
University of Illinois, Master of Science, Structural Engineering, 1983
University of Connecticut, Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, 1979
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Institute of Architects
American Society of Civil Engineers
American Institute of Steel Construction
Association of Dam Safety Officials
Roof Consultants Institute
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct at Rowan University Graduate Level Advanced Concrete Design, 2009
Continuing Education Course Provider: Public Right of Way Accessibility Guidelines (PROWAG)
Continuing Education Course Provider: ADA Standards for Accessible Design Revisions
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Architect & Engineer
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: About 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: About 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 11
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 11/29/21
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 11
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 8
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Building Code Compliance, Residential Code Compliance, Fire Code Compliance, ADA Compliance, OSHA Compliance, Investigating Construction Defects, Investigating Design Errors & Omissions, Building Envelope leak investigation, Building related failure investigations
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $185
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $185
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $260
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $260
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time $150/hr + travel expenses
Choi Law Firm
1372 Palisade Ave, 2nd Floor
Fort Lee NJ 07024
Adam T. Warcholak, Esq.
Faust Goetz Schenker & Blee
570 West Mount Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, New Jersey 07063
(973) 422 9600