Assistant Professor in the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville Mechanical Engineering Department. Previously, worked as a full-time consulting engineer assisting professionals in both industry and the legal community. Has worked in industry as a manufacturing and plant engineer and has been responsible for the safety of an industrial plant with over 300 employees. Provides consulting to industries, individuals, and attorneys in a wide range of safety and machine design issues. Examples include agricultural and industrial machine guarding cases, and agricultural and industrial safety systems.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Consumer Products
- Design Engineering
- Equipment & Machinery
- Failure Analysis
- Forensic Engineering
- Machine Guarding
- Mechanical Engineering
- Personal Injury
- Power Tools
- Professional Engineering
- Safety Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Professional Engineer Liscenced in Arkansas. Bachelors and Masters degrees in Mechanical engineering.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASME
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I have been employed full time as an instructor at the University of Arkansas and John Brown University
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: mechanical engineering, safety engineering, Industrial safety, agricultural safety, ATVs
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: currently about 50%
in the past with another employer about 90%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: currently about 50%, in the past with another employer abotu 10%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: between 70 and 100 I believe
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Fall 2010.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: approximately 10
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: approximately 10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 13
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, reports, site inspections, some testing,
References upon request.