I am an actively practicing board-certified Neurosurgery with 27 years of experience. I am a graduate of Cornell University, the Georgetown University School of Medicine and trained at the University of Southern California-Los Angeles County Hospital. Currently, I am a faculty member at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine and I have medical licenses in several states. I have published journal articles and textbook chapters. I am a seasoned deponent with both trial and deposition experience and have excellent communication skills and a caring personality. My legal experience consists of cases in the realm of personal injury, medical malpractice, workers compensation- both plaintiff and defense. My reviews of the evidence are honest and my opinions are defensible. I hopeful that you would honor me with the opportunity to assist your clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Brain Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Spine Surgery
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BA cum laude
MS in Physiology and Biostatistics with distinction
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), 1993-present.
American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), 1993-present.
North American Spine Society (NASS), 4.2.08-present.
Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (SMISS), 8.12.11-present.
International Spinal Intervention Society (ISAS), 5.15.12-present.
Florida Medical Association (FMA), 7.11.12-present
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: NBC News, Teri Schiavi Coma
Sean Hannity Show, Obamacare
Emergency 911 with William Shatner, head trauma following hit and run, patient treat at LA County Hospital by me.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 40
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Traumatic Brain Injury; Personal Injury; Aneurysm treatment; Spine; General Neurosurgery; Medical Malpractice Defense.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 500
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: December 0f 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 20
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: zero
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 18
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: IMEs, court and pretrial testimony; record review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Conference - $750/hour -
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250 minimum per 15 minutes$600/hour – minimum one hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $1,500/hour – minimum one hour, $325.00 for each additional ½ hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: a)$2,500/hour, (including travel time) – Minimum of 3 hours. $1,250 for each additional½ hour, plus all travel expenses
b)$5,000/half-day, plus all travel expenses (1/2 day is 8:30am-12:30pm or 12:30pm-4:30pm), including travel time.
c)$9,000/full-day, (830am-5:00pm) plus all travel expenses.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: see cv
8818 Goodby's Executive Drive
Jacksonville, FL. 32217
Elizebeth Munro, Esq.
Vanguard Attorneys, Managing Partner
1220 E 5th Avenue
Tampa, FL 33605
Steve Emery, Esq.
Williams, Porter, Day & Neville, P.C.
159 N Wolcott St
Casper WY 82601