Dr. Jacob Sharony, a 25-year technology and business veteran, renowned for his expertise in mobile and wireless technologies with extensive experience in the industry and academy. He is an adjunct professor at Columbia University, teaching wireless technologies and applications. He has over 50 patents (pending and issued), published extensively in refereed and prestigious journals and conferences, and has served on several government expert panels.
I provide patent litigation support and expert consulting in mobile and wireless technologies (e.g., WiFi, LTE, WiMAX, RFID, NFC, mmWave, M2M, IoT, etc.). This includes patent infringement and invalidity analysis, FRAND analysis, IPR, writing expert reports, and deposition and testimony in court.
Areas of Expertise
- Data Communications
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Wireless Technology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
Ph.D. EE, Columbia University
M.Phil EE, Columbia University
MBA, Tel Aviv University
M.Sc. EE, Tel Aviv University
B.Sc. EE, Tel Aviv University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: IEEE
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Columbia University - Wireless Sensing Networks, graduate course, adjunct professor
Presented refereed papers at numerous professional conferences
Participated in expert industry panels
Participated/interviewed for TV programs
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 15
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Wireless communications, mobile networks, telecommunications, WiFi, LTE, RFID, NFC
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: About 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: About 50%
Attorney references from several law firms are available upon request.