Georgia J. Persky RN, MBA, PhD, CLNC, is a Columbia University trained nurse researcher, educator and executive with over 40 years of broad Clinical Nursing experience (inpatient and surgical) including 25 years of Senior Leadership in Healthcare Organizations.
Background Experience - Dr. Persky served most recently as Vice-President of Nursing and Patient Care Services for New York Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University Medical Center. For nine years, she was responsible for Patient Care Leadership and Risk and Quality Management for a 750 bed academic hospital.
Litigation Support - As a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant and Hospital and Quality Reviewer, Dr. Persky has investigated many Malpractice and Injury cases as a fact witness and can assist as an expert witness. She has testifying experience with nursing and hospital malpractice cases with an ability to attest to standards of care in clinical litigation with a strong understanding of how hospitals work.
Areas of Expertise:
•Nursing Standards of Care for Hospitals, Nursing Homes and Home Health Agencies
•Surgical and Perioperative Nursing
•Quality and Risk Management
•Fall and Pressure Ulcer Prevention
•Perioperative Safety and Complications
•Traumatic Brain Injury and Sepsis
•Patient Sexual Assault
•Hospital Policy and Procedure and Hospital Administration
•State, Federal, Joint Commission Regulatory Compliance
Areas of Expertise
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Devices
- Personal Injury
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD, Research, Columbia University, New York, NY 2010
MBA, Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ 1986
BSN, Nursing, Hunter College, New York, NY 1983
Certification, Nursing Administration, Advanced 2004, 2009, 2014
Certification, Legal Nurse Consulting 2014, 2016
License, RN New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts and Connecticut
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member, American Nurses Association
Member, American Organization of Nurse Executives
Member, National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants
Member, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Conference Presentations
Nadler, Georgia, “Computers and Managed Care.” Case Western Reserve School of Nursing; 1991.
Nadler, Georgia, Nursing lnformatics - New England Healthcare Assembly, “Current and Emerging Applications.” Los Angeles, CA, January, 1992, Atlanta, GA, May, 1992.
Nadler, Georgia, “Case Management.” New England Healthcare Assembly; Boston, MA, March, 1992.
Nadler, Georgia, Summer Institute Nursing and Healthcare, University of Maryland,
July, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996.
Nadler, Georgia, Current Trends and Future Directions “Computerization of Managed Care.” Ernst & Young and New England Healthcare Assembly, March, 1992.
Nadler, Georgia “The Challenge of a Patient Outcomes Evaluation System”
Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Public Administration. MPA Nursing
Management Symposium, April 1993.
Nadler, Georgia, Nursing lnformatics 1994 “Managed Care: Outcomes and Automation.” San Antonio, TX, June, 1994.
Nadler, Georgia, “Managed Care: Outcomes and Automation.” Nursing Computers
Applications Network, Eastern Chapter of the Ontario Nursing Informatics Group,
Nadler, Georgia, "Clinical Automation: The Pathway to Outcomes Measurement." Inside Healthcare Computing, June 25-28, 1995, Washington, DC.
Nadler, Georgia, “Outcomes Management made Smarter not Harder.” Annual Meeting American Organization of Nurse Executives, April 8, 1995.
Nadler, Georgia, Thirteenth Annual National Nursing Computer Conference,
Rutgers State University, April 19-22, 1995.
Nadler, Georgia, “Charting the Course: A Uniform Patient Record.” ONE/NJ, Princeton, NJ, November 1996 and November 1997.
Nadler, Georgia “It’s Never Too Soon To Prepare JCAHO Accreditation” ONE/NJ Somerset Hilton, June 1995 and 1998.
Persky, Georgia “Inspiring Effective Collaboration: The Key to Effective Patient Centered Care. GNYONE. March 2006.
Persky, Georgia “Relationship Based Care: Impact on Safety, Quality and Satisfaction”. Sigma Theta Tau-Alpha Zeta Chapter Keynote May 2007.
Persky, Georgia “Relationship Based Care” “Summit of the Sages” University of Minneapolis, Minnesota October 2007.
Persky, G. “Relationship Based Care Model”. Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital May 13 2008.
Persky, G. VHA Broadcast Return to Care Series "Relationship Based Care" Dallas TX. September 24, 2008
Persky, G. “Transforming Care at the Bedside: Relationship Based Care”. NYONE Annual Meeting Tarrytown, New York October 20, 2008.
Persky, G. “Complexity Science: Understanding the Transformation of Organizational Culture. AONE Annual Meeting San Antonio Texas July 2009.
Persky, G. “Relationship Based Care and Caritas”. Caring International Research Collaborative STTI International Research Congress Cancun, Mexico July 9, 2011
Persky, G: “Caring Factor Study” NYP/Methodist Research Symposium October 2011
Persky, G: “The Relationship of Environmental Turbulence and Patient Satisfaction”. NYP/Methodist Research Symposium New York Academy of Medicine October 2011
Persky G: “Leading in an Academic Medical Center”. Wound and Vascular Symposium March 2011. New York, NY.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: ~100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Nursing Standards of Care
Hospital Standards of Care
Nursing Home Standards of Care
Home Health Care Standards of Care
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Legal Nurse Consulting and Expert Witness Affidavits, Disclosure and Expert Reports
References upon request.