I am a board certified Pediatric Pulmonologist and Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pulmonary Medicine at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center with more the 10 years of clinical experience. I serve as the Co-Director of the Cincinnati Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Center and am funded by the National Institute of Health and Patient Centered Outcome Research institute to study respiratory outcomes related to premature birth. As a member of the largest pediatric airway team in the world, I also have clinical expertise in airway disease, tracheostomy and mechanical ventilation, and general pulmonary medicine.
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Degrees
08/2002-05/2006 B.S. Vanderbilt University (magna cum laude)
08/2006-05/2010 M.D. Vanderbilt University
08/2014-08/2016 M.S.C.E University of Pennsylvania
12/2013-present American Board of Pediatrics
12/2019-present American Board of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
08/2016-present Ohio State Medical Board
07/2014-present Children Research
01/2017-present Pregnant Women/Fetuses/Neonates
01/2017-present Academic and Regional Health Centers Core Curriculum
01/2017-present Human Subjects Research Core Curriculum
02/2017-present Responsible Conduct of Research
02/2017-present Good Clinical Practice
09/2017-present CITI Curriculum for Animal Care and Use
09/2017-present Lab Core Curriculum
09/2017-present Occupation Health and Safety Awareness Training
09/2017-present Reducing Pain and Distress in Laboratory Mice and Rates
09/2017-present Working with Non-Human Primates in Research Settings
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Professional Organizations:
2002-2006 Howard Hughes Medical Institute Community of Scholars
2010–2016 American Academy of Pediatrics
2014-2016 Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
2012-present American Thoracic Society
2013-present American College of Chest Physicians
2014-Present Children’s Hospital Neonatal Consortium
2016-Present Aerodigestive Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I have spoken extensively nationally and internationally on the evaluation of respiratory diseases and respiratory outcomes in children. Many of my speaking engagements have been for Grand Rounds or platform presentations at international conferences.
1. Hysinger E., Friedman N., Shinohara R., Padula M., Zhang H., Panitch H., and Kawut S. Increased Morbidity in Neonates with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia and Tracheobronchomalacia. Children’s Hospital Neonatal Consortium. Sept. 28-30, 2016.
2. Hysinger E. Untangling Airway, Lung, Maturational and GI Disease in the Premature Infant. American Thoracic Society, May 19-24, 2017. San Diego, CA.
3. Hysinger E, Wood R, Torres-Silva, C, and Benscoter, D. Into the Airway: Pediatric Flexible Bronchoscopy. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center Grand Rounds. August 8, 2017. Cincinnati, OH.
4. Hysinger E. It’s Not Asthma: Diagnosis and Management of Focal Wheezing. American Academy of Pediatrics, September 15-19, 2017. Chicago, IL.
5. Hysinger E. Dysphagia and Aspiration: The Lung as a Digestive Organ. Pediatric Dysphagia Series, October 5-6, 2018. Cincinnati, OH.
6. Hysinger E. The Pulmonologist and the Active Larynx. American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology, May 3-5, 2019. San Antonio, TX
7. Hysinger E. Aerodigestive Year in Review. American Thoracic Society, May 15-20, 2019. Dallas, TX.
8. Hysinger E. Diagnosis and Management of Airway Complications of sBPD. American Thoracic Society, May15-20, 2019. Dallas, TX.
9. Hysinger E. Advanced Diagnostic Bronchoscopy. Pediatric Flexible Bronchoscopy 2019 A Postgraduate Course. September 10-13, 2019. Cincinnati, OH
10. Hysinger E. Outpatient Management and Long-term Respiratory Outcomes in BPD. Guangzhou International Infant Chronic Lung Disease Forum. November 15-17, 2019. Guangzhou, China.
11. Hysinger E. Airway Complications and Utility of Flexible Bronchoscopy in BPD Management. Guangzhou International Infant Chronic Lung Disease Forum. November 15-17, 2019. Guangzhou, China.
12. Hysinger E. Airway Complications and Management in BPD. Cincinnati BPD Symposium 2020: Advances in Diagnosis and Management. January 13, 2020. Cincinnati, OH.
13. Hysinger E. Endoscopic Evaluation and Clinical Outcomes of Tracheomalacia in Infants. IX Curso Internacional de Enfermedades Respiratoria Pediatricas de la Univerdidad Catolica de Childe. November 19-21, 2020. Virtual Meeting.
14. Hysinger E. Cryotherapy in Pediatric Flexible Bronchoscopy. The Aerodigestive Society. S December 4-5, 2020. Virtual Meeting.
15. Hysinger E. Chronic Pulmonary Aspiration: The Lung as a Digestive Organ. The University of Massachusetts’ Department of Pediatrics Grand Rounds. May 14,2021. Virtual Meeting.
16. Hysinger E. and Hart C. Evaluation and Management of Aspiration in CHARGE Syndrome. International CHARGE Syndrome Conference. July 16-18, 2021. Virtual Meeting.
17. Hysinger E. Seeing Airway Dynamics: Development, Diagnosis, Outcomes, and Treatment of Tracheomalacia. Mt Sinai Pulmonary Grand Rounds. September 23, 2021.
18. Hysinger E. Non-surgical Management of Tracheomalacia. Aerodigestive Society Combined 2021 Meeting. November 4-5, 2021. Virtual Meeting
19. Hysinger E. Novel Techniques in Pulmonology, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition. December 12-18, 2021. Virtual Meeting.
20. Hysinger E. Assment and Impact of Abnormal Lower Airway Dynamics. American Thoracic Society, May 13-18, 2022. San Francisco, CA.
21. Hysinger E. Endoscopic Intubation. American Thoracic Society, May 13-18, 2022. San Francisco, CA.
22. Hysinger E. The Pediatrician Perspective. Tackling Airflow Limitation from the First Years of Life to Early Adulthood: Are we still behind?. American Thoracic Society, May 13-18, 2022. San Francisco, CA.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Pediatric Pulmonology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 33%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 66%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2021
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 2
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Reports, Independent Assessment
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500.00/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500.00/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600.00/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $5000.00/day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: In addition to fees for appearance in court, round-trip airfare, lodging, ground transportation, and meals will be expected to be covered.
Available Upon Request