Dr. McGuire is a double board-certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist and psychoanalyst with seven years full-time clinical experience evaluating and treating a broad range of psychiatric disorders in patients of all ages, from diverse backgrounds.
She has significant experience evaluating and consulting on personal injury, emotional injury, causation, standard of care, medical malpractice, disability, and criminal child abuse related litigation. She's been retained by prosecution and defense.
Dr. McGuire has extensive clinical experience in the areas of self-harm, suicidality, parenting, trauma, psychopharmacology, and psychotherapy.
Dr. McGuire also has unique expertise in work with LGBTQ+ youth and families, including work with transgender and gender non-conforming youth. Dr. McGuire has extensive training in child and adolescent development and parent-child dynamics.
Dr. McGuire is a Clinical Instructor in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Washington School of Medicine where she teaches and supervises psychiatrists in training.
- Child Abuse
- Child Psychiatry
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Community Mental Health
- Eating Disorder
- Emotional Trauma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Diplomat, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Child Psychiatry 2016-Present
Diplomat, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, General Psychiatry 2015-Present
Colorado Medical Board, Medical License DR.0064807 2020-Present
Washington State Medical Board, Medical License MD 6039280 2013-Present
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law. 2023-Present
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2013-Present
American Psychoanalytic Association 2016-Present
International Psychoanalytic Association 2016-Present
Association for Child Psychoanalysis 2019-Present
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive teaching on psychodynamic psychotherapy in children and adolescents, work with parents, and the complexity of psychopharmacology with children, adolescents and families. Please see CV for details.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
Available Upon Request