More than 25 years of experience in healthcare finance ranging from front line staff to executive level management in billing, coding, contracting, and operations; Four professional certifications; college level instructor for billing operations; recipient of multiple service awards
- Managed Care & HMOs
- Medical Billing
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: I am proud to hold several key professional accreditations in the field of medical billing and coding, which collectively establish my expertise in this area. I am a Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (FHFMA), a recognition that highlights my extensive knowledge and achievements in healthcare finance. This accreditation required me to demonstrate expertise through education, experience, volunteering, and a rigorous examination process.
Additionally, I am a Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) through the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). This certification underscores my comprehensive understanding of the healthcare revenue cycle, including patient registration, billing, and collections.
Furthermore, I hold the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). This certification is highly regarded in the healthcare industry and validates my proficiency in applying various coding systems for professional medical services.
Lastly, I am a Certified Documentation Expert Outpatient (CDEO), also from AAPC. This certification focuses on ensuring accuracy and completeness in outpatient medical records to support coding and billing practices.
These accreditations represent my commitment to excellence in medical billing and coding. They have equipped me with a thorough understanding of healthcare finance and revenue cycle management, alongside specialized skills in medical coding and documentation. This blend of expertise is crucial in navigating the complex and dynamic landscape of healthcare billing and coding, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency in financial operations within the healthcare sector.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: In my professional journey within the realm of medical billing and coding, I am affiliated with several prestigious organizations that play a pivotal role in this field. My most significant affiliation is with the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). As a member of the AAPC, I am part of the largest training and credentialing organization for the business side of healthcare. This membership provides me access to a wealth of resources, ongoing education, networking opportunities, and up-to-date industry information, which is essential for staying current in this ever-evolving field.
Another key affiliation is with the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). As a member and a recognized Fellow (FHFMA) of this organization, I am connected to a broad network of healthcare finance professionals. HFMA is instrumental in providing guidance on healthcare finance trends, best practices, and policy updates. It also offers extensive educational resources and certification programs that have been crucial in my professional development.
These affiliations with the AAPC and HFMA are more than just memberships; they represent my commitment to continuous learning and staying at the forefront of healthcare finance and medical billing and coding. They provide me with the tools and community support necessary to excel in my career and contribute effectively to the healthcare industry.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Yes, I have been retained as an expert witness over 50 times in various cases. My role primarily involves reviewing medical billing statements to determine if the charges are usual, customary, and reasonable. This assessment is based on comparing charges within the same geographical area at the time of service. My extensive experience in this area, coupled with my professional certifications and affiliations, underlines my expertise in medical billing and coding.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: As of December 2023, I have had my deposition taken on 5 occasions. These depositions have been a vital part of my role as an expert witness in cases involving medical billing and coding, where my expertise has been called upon to provide clarity and insights into the usual, customary, and reasonable charges for medical services.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $345
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $345
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $495
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $495
Available Upon Request