Dr. Silva is a board-certified neuropsychologist and owner of Pacific Neurobehavioral Clinic, PC, in San Diego, CA. She has expertise with adult populations with neurologic and psychiatric conditions, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI), strokes (CVA), neurodegenerative conditions/dementia, somatoform disorders, chronic pain syndromes, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She is certified as a Qualified Medical Examiner (QME) in California to perform medical-legal Workers' Compensation evaluations.
Dr. Silva has served as an expert witness for personal injury cases and has been retained by both plaintiff and defense attorneys. Her opinions are data-driven and based on empirical literature regarding different conditions. Evaluation of an examinee's response style and effort are always included in her evaluations. She ensures that cultural and linguistic variables are taken into account in her evaluations. She is fluent in Spanish.
Dr. Silva has held national, state, and local board positions within: California Psychological Association- Neuropsychology Division 8 (Neuropsychology), the Hispanic Neuropsychological Society, and the San Diego Psychological Association.
Approximately 30% of her time is spent engaged in forensic work. She is the owner of a group practice called Pacific Neurobehavioral Clinic, PC (https://www.neuropacific.com) and spends the remainder of her time in performing clinical evaluations for patients, overseeing psychological treatment cases provided by the other therapists at the practice, and in administration of the practice.
Additionally, she performs Fitness-for-Duty evaluations for several organizations, including the Medical Board of CA and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). She has performed numerous evaluations for the Baseline Assessment Program (BAP) as part of the NFL concussion settlement.
- Brain Injury
- Emotional Trauma
- Forensic Psychology
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder/Disability
- Personal Injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Diplomate, Clinical Neuropsychology
American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
Qualified Medical Evaluator
State of California
CA License: PSY22738
Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
Florida Institute of Technology
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Psychological Association (APA)
California Psychological Association (CPA)
San Diego Psychological Association (SDPA)
Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (HNS)
National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN)
International Neuropsychological Society (INS)
Chair, CPA Division 8 (Neuropsychology): 2022-2024
Chair-Elect, CPA Division 8: 2021
Treasurer, CPA Division 8: 2018-2020
Secretary, HNS: 2020-2022
Member-at-Large, HNS: 2014-2016
SDPA Neuropsychology Committee Co-Chair: 2015-2016
Secretary, CPA Division 8: 2013-2015
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: As of 1/18/22: Approximately 51.This number not include the approximately 300 cases in which I have performed medical-legal evaluations as a non-retained expert (ex: QME evaluations for Workers' Compensation, Independent Medical Evaluations, evaluations for the FAA or Baseline Assessment Program for the NFL). I also perform 2-5 evaluations a week for clinical cases.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Traumatic brain injuries, concussions, PTSD, stress claims related to employment, fitness-for-duty.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 18
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Once in court.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 2011
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Neuropsychological evaluations, psychological evaluations, consulting, record review.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $2.50 per page + $450/hr for report-writing.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $600
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time billed at hourly rate of $450.
Stephanie Yang, Esq.
50 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Norm Ryan, Esq.
Ryan | Carvalho LLP
Rio Vista Plaza
8989 Rio San Diego Drive, Suite 368
San Diego, California 92108
Bill Bender, Esq.
Bender & Gritz, APLC
501 West Broadway, Suite 1500
San Diego CA 92101