Daniel J. Maple is an ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist, ISA Board Certified Master Arborist, ISA Municipal Specialist, ASCA Tree & Plant Appraisal Qualified (TPAQ), ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ), Qualified Tree Farm Inspector, Commercial UAV Airman Pilot, and a Commercial Applicator.
Mr. Maple has provided ethical, scientifically sound, arboriculture solutions to both the public and private sector since 1987. During this time, Mr. Maple owned and operated a tree service, and was a first responder in several natural disasters that resulted in thousands of tree failures. His investigations into the tree failures and the experience gained, makes him uniquely qualified among his peers, as a risk assessor and risk mitigation planner.
Mr. Maple has used his years of hands on experience along with his formal education to advise states, cities, parks, attorneys, developers, managers, HOAs and the private sector, including but not limited to the follow:
• Casualty Appraisals
• Tree & Plant Valuation
• Forensic Investigations
• Municipal Tree Inventories
• Tree Risk Abatement Planning
• Insect and Disease Identification
• Municipal Tree Risk Assessments
• Expert Opinion and Litigation Support
• Infrastructure Damage and Abatement.
• Diagnosis of Tree and Landscape Problems
• Assess trees at the State Capitol for risk and health
• Integrated Pest Management and Plant Health Care
• Tree Preservation and Retention During Construction
• Tree Risk Assessment and Hazard Tree Identification
• Tree Management on Critical Slopes and Sensitive Areas
• Assess Trees in City, County, and National Parks (along with management plans and workshops)
- Failure Analysis
- Trees Appraisal
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Registered Consulting Arborist (RCA) #627
ISA Board Certified Master Arborist PN-7970BM
ISA Certified Municipal Specialist PN-7970AM
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ)
ATFS Qualified Tree Farm Inspector #169449
Licensed Commercial Applicator #92432
Commercial UAV Airman Pilot #4135495
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: International Society of Arboriculture
American Society of Consulting Arborists
Society of Municipal Arborists
Utility Arborist Association
Arboricultural Research And Education Academy
National Association of Landscape Professionals
Washington Association of Landscape Professionals
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Community workshops on decay and its implication on forest health; risks and management.
HOA and Associations: Tree Inventories; Risk Assessments and Risk Management; Duties, Liabilities and the Law.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 5 to 10 a year
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Accident reconstruction, Failure Causation
Peer review of other experts.
Industry standards & BMP's.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2020
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Field and site investigations, lab and data analysis, written and oral reports, case consultation, expert witness, review of opposing expert reports, forensic investigations, tree and branch failure analysis, tree and plant appraisals.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses, parking, research, lab. fees, Resistograph testing, etc. Fee schedule upon request.
Available Upon Request