-Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
-PhD in Physical Therapy
-Board-Certified in Geriatrics
-Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist
-Published scientific journal manuscripts
-Can perform independent functional capacity evaluations
My primary focus as an expert is:
-physical therapy standards of care
-functional capacity evaluations
Beyond being a licensed physical therapist (DPT) and a PhD, I am also a board-certified geriatric specialist (GCS) from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, which in turn is recognized and promoted by the American Physical Therapy Association. I have 10 years of experience working with primarily geriatric, orthopedic, and amputee populations in nearly all the primary clinical settings (skilled nursing, sub-acute rehabilitation, acute rehabilitation, and outpatient rehabilitation.) I am an Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy at Touro College where I lead Doctor of Physical Therapy students through their scientific inquiry coursework. I am a paid national speaker for Summit Professional Education where I teach a course on amputee rehabilitation for physical therapists, occupational therapists, and rehabilitation professionals. I also am a paid national speaker for Scorebuilders, a preparatory class for students going to take the physical therapy board examination. I have published over 6 journal articles, several book chapters, a commissioned monograph for the American Physical Therapy Association, and given over 10 national or international conference presentations. I hold two doctoral degrees, a DPT and a PhD, making me of the few experts with this level of education.
- Brain Injury
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Life Care Planning
- Long Term Care
- Nursing Homes
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
PhD in Physical Therapy (dual doctoral degrees)
Board-Certified Geriatric Specialist (GCS)
Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist
NY Licensed PT
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Physical Therapy Association
Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapists
American College of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: #Please see my CV for the most up to date articles, books, and presentations#
Lee DJ, Wininger M. Taxonomy of clinical encounters during the first 90-days post-delivery of the initial definitive lower limb prosthesis. American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists National Conference. Orlando, FL. 3/8/2019. Platform presentation.
Wong K, Lee DJ, Buffington P. Can we move (or walk) past the Medicare K-Level in older adults with limb loss? Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association. New Orleans, LA. 2/22/2018. 2-hour Educational session.
Miles J, Staples W, Lee DJ. Attitudes about cognitive screening: A survey of home care physical therapists. Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association. New Orleans, LA. 2/23/2018. Platform presentation.
Lee DJ, Veneri DA, Goodworth AG. Empowering prosthesis wearer’s self-management abilities through mobile technology: A usability and acceptability study. American Orthotic & Prosthetics Association National Assembly. Las Vegas, NV. 9/7/2017. Platform presentation.
Davis A, Lee DJ, Flowers D, Huson M, Gellert G, Bureau M, Kakar R. Transitioning to academia: Newbies reflect on their first few years. American Physical Therapy Association NEXT 2017. Boston, MA. 6/21/2017. Symposium.
Lee DJ. Rehabilitation of older adult amputees: Pre-Post prosthetic care. Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association. San Antonio, TX. 2/16/2017. 2-hour educational session.
Lee DJ, Veneri DA. Paper, App, Scissors: What wins amongst new prosthesis users. Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association. San Antonio, TX. 2/17/2017. Poster presentation.
Lee DJ. Decision Trees for older adult prosthesis users. American Orthotic & Prosthetics Association National Assembly. Boston, MA. 9/10/2016. Platform presentation.
Lee DJ. Design & development of decision trees for prosthetic socket management: An innovative tool for educating older adults. Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association. Anaheim, CA. 2/18/2016. Platform presentation.
Lee DJ. Innovative problem-solving tools for lower limb prosthesis users. Connecticut Physical Therapy Association. Farmington, CT. 10/17/2015. Poster presentation.
Goodworth AG, Veneri D, Burger J, Lee DJ. Development and testing of an international knowledge assessment of prosthetic management for patients using lower limb prostheses. International Society for Prosthetics & Orthotics. Lyon, France. 6/23/2015. Platform presentation.
Presentations – Invited
Lee DJ. Innovative interventions for the older adult with limb loss. Extremity Trauma and Amputation Center of Excellence. United States Department of Defense. Scheduled for 07/14/2019.
Lee DJ. Top 4 pre-prosthetic rehabilitation interventions. Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital. Hartford, CT. 2/13/2018.
Lee DJ. What does it mean to be “old”? Brookdale Chatfield. West Hartford, CT. 04/05/2018.
Lee DJ. Comprehensive lower limb loss rehabilitation. Medical Facilities of America. Richmond, VA 4/20/2018, Virginia Beach, VA 4/21/2018, Roanoke, VA 9/22/2018.
Wenzel B, Lee DJ. Usability & acceptability testing of a mobile app for self-management. Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists New Jersey. Atlantic City, NJ. 11/19/2017.
Lee DJ. Innovations in limb loss rehabilitation. State University of New York Stony Brook. Stony Brook, NY. 11/7/2017.
Lee DJ. Partners in empowerment. University of Hartford’s College of Education, Nursing & Health Professions ENHP Day. West Hartford, CT. 4/26/2017.
Lee DJ. Empowering prosthesis user’s self-management abilities through decision making tools. State University of New York Stony Brook. Stony Brook, NY. 12/5/2016.
O’Shea M, Lee DJ. Innovative problem-solving tools for lower limb prosthesis users. Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists New Jersey. Atlantic City, NJ. 11/11/2016.
Lee DJ. Limb loss rehabilitation. Naugatuck Valley Community College. Waterbury, CT. 2/18/2016.
Lee DJ. From decision trees to a mobile app: Proof of concept for lower limb prosthesis users. Hospital for Special Care Annual Research Symposium. New Britain, CT. 6/3/2015.
Lee DJ. Limb loss rehabilitation. Naugatuck Valley Community College. Waterbury, CT. 2/19/2015.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: nursing homes, falls, standards of care, physical therapy, amputations, falls, geriatrics, orthopedics,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 2
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, examination, report generation, expert testimony, non-testifying advisement
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Free to consult
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3,500 per day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $125/hr for travel
References are available upon request.