With training from Harvard, Yale, and Columbia, Dr. Daniel Cousin is a fellowship-trained dual-boarded expert in Diagnostic Radiology certified by both the American Board of Radiology and also by the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Cousin is the Clinical Director for a private radiology practice, and has nearly two decades of experience in the field including both academic and private practices and both clinical and administrative positions. Dr. Cousin has served as a Medical Director and also as a Program Director for a residency program. He is an experienced lecturer and has multiple popular CLE-accredited lectures. Dr. Cousin provides expert consultation for various attorneys and organizations both local and national. Dr. Cousin is committed to providing a fast turnaround time, a competitive fee, and quality consults. Dr. Cousin provides independent reads, written reports, expert testimony, and other consulting services. He has amassed considerable experience giving depositions and expert trial testimony, currently having given expert testimony almost 40 times. Dr. Cousin specializes in 4D demonstrative evidence which is a game-changer for medicolegal cases.
- Accident Reconstruction
- Brain Injury
- Child Abuse
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Products Liability
- Seat Belts & Air Bags
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Spine Surgery
- Urgent Care
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Training:
Undergraduate: Harvard University
Medical School: Albert Einstein
Internship: Mt. Sinai
Residency: Yale / Norwalk
Residency: Shands / Univ. Florida
Fellowship: Columbia University
American Board of Radiology
National Board of Physicians and Surgeons
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American College of Radiology
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Dr. Cousin is an avid speaker. Please refer to the linked CV for a list of some prior lectures. My most popularly requested lecture is on 4D demonstrative evidence and I would be happy to give a free CLE lecture on this topic to you and your colleagues.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 1000+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Diagnostic Radiology, Legal Medicine, demonstrative evidence (medical), Gastrointestinal Imaging, Back/Neck/Spine Imaging, Neuroradiology, CT, MRI, PET scan (positron emission tomography) and PET-CT, Oncologic Imaging of Cancer, Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Radiology, Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, X-ray/Radiography, Vascular Imaging, Interventional Radiology, Angiography and Aneurysm Imaging, Mammography, Pulmonary Imaging, Cardiac Imaging, Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic imaging, Genitourinary Imaging, Breast Imaging, Pediatric Imaging, Head and Neck Imaging, Pediatric and OB/GYN Imaging, Independent Medical Reviews (IMEs), Utilization Reviews, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Protection, Bodily Injury, Second Opinion Imaging Reviews, Re-Reads, Workers Compensation, Depositions and Trial testimony.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50/50 split
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50/50 split
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Nearly 40
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Earlier this week.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: My expert opinion has always been admitted for each trial. My testimony list is available upon request.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Nearly a dozen
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: A decade.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: 1) consulting for diagnostic radiology (i.e. independent reads, written reports, expert testimony, and other consulting services)
2) expert referrals for medical specialists in fields outside of radiology
3) 4D demonstrative evidence exhibits
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: FREE initial curbside consultation.
$550/hr for general consultation.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $550/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $950/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $950/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed.
Available Upon Request