Mr Wilson has 30 years of experience in the automotive industry developing and building safety systems to address all manner of vehicle accidents. He is a leader in the development of vehicle positioning, mapping, and communications technologies (telematics) for safety, ADAS, remote diagnostics, infotainment and fleet management applications, as well as an expert on vehicle sensors and data processing systems (radar, camera/video, ultrasound, IoT, and "big data" analytics). He works with federal, state and industry groups on ways to address transportation safety and efficiency and accident causation. He consults with various companies on mapping and sensor needs for automated and semi-automated vehicles.
Mr Wilson has seven years of experience as an expert witness, primarily in the area of intellectual property. He has written over 20 reports, including many successful IPR petitions, and been deposed four times.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Automotive Engineering
- Driver Behavior
- Human Factors Engineering
- Infotainment & Telematics Systems
- Intellectual Property
- Mapping & Surveying
- Seat Belts & Air Bags
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: IEEE
IEEE Silicon Valley Consultants Network, Vice Chair
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
Institute of Navigation (IoN)
Institute of Transportation Engineers
Inside GNSS Advisory Board
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I am currently a docent at local parks and often give presentations on various vehicle sensor technologies, as well as moderating industry panels.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 20
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Four
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April, 2018
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Seven
Available Upon Request