Award winning, Oxford Educated scientist with experience in patent infringement, product liability, source code analysis and medical devices.
Dr Daft has deposition and trial testimony experience.
Completed more than 84 hours of SEAK Expert Witness Training Seminars, including patent-specific training.
Experience in industries/applications including medical imaging, electronics, semiconductors, medical devices, sensors, MEMS, signal processing and image processing.
Serial inventor who holds 22 U.S. Patents with several pending.
Diverse industry experience including multi-nationals such as GE, Medtronic, Fujifilm, Samsung and Siemens as well as several start-ups. Well published. Winner of grants from National Institute of Health and DARPA. Extensive international consulting experience. IEEE Senior Member since 2004.
Three years’ experience teaching Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois.
Holds BA and MA in Physics from Oxford University, as well as a Doctorate from Oxford in Materials Science.
Areas of Expertise
- Design Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electromagnetic Engineering
- Intellectual Property
- Medical Devices
- Software Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BA (Oxford University, UK) with First Class Honors
MA (Oxford University, UK)
Doctorate (Oxford University, UK)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
Secretary, Board of Directors, IEEE Consultants’ Network of Silicon Valley
Associate Member, American Bar Association; ABA Intellectual Property Law Group
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 3 years of teaching Electrical Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Frequent presentations at conferences
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 7
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Wearable electronics -- patent infringement
Surgical device -- medical malpractice
Medical product liability
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 1
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: February, 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, source code review, patent review, reports, testimony.
Konrad Sherinian, Law Offices of Konrad Sherinian, (630) 318-2606, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Rastegar, Bragalone Conroy, (214) 785-6670, email@example.com
Vickie Feeman, Orrick, (650) 614 7620, firstname.lastname@example.org