Award winning, Oxford Educated scientist whose areas of expertise include medical imaging, electronics, semiconductors, medical devices, sensors, MEMS, signal processing and image processing.
Litigation experience in the area of patent infringement, source code analysis and medical devices. Completed multiple SEAK Expert Witness Training Courses.
Experience in industries/applications including medical devices, imaging, consumer electronics, biometric security, and electrical power delivery.
Serial inventor who holds 22 U.S. Patents with several pending.
Diverse industry experience including multi-nationals such as GE, Medtronic, Fujifilm, Samsung and Siemens as well as several start-ups. Well published. Winner of grants from National Institute of Health and DARPA. Extensive international consulting experience. IEEE Senior Member since 2004.
Three years’ experience teaching Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois.
Holds BA and MA in Physics from Oxford University, as well as a Doctorate from Oxford in Materials Science.
Areas of Expertise
- Design Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electromagnetic Engineering
- Intellectual Property
- Medical Devices
- Software Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BA (Oxford University, UK) with First Class Honors
MA (Oxford University, UK)
Doctorate (Oxford University, UK)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
Member-at-Large of Board of Directors, IEEE Consultants’ Network of Silicon Valley
Associate Member, American Bar Association; ABA Intellectual Property Law Group
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 3 years of teaching Electrical Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Frequent presentations at conferences
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Wearable electronics -- patent infringement
Surgical device -- medical malpractice
Medical product liability
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, source code review, reports, testimony.
References upon request.