Mr. Nowland has 35 years of diverse experience in electrical engineering, process control systems, and safety. Roles included client interface, estimates, design, consulting, specification, devices and systems programming, construction supervision, testing, commissioning, startup, and training. Mr. Nowland is a Registered Professional Engineer in New Hampshire, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
- Design Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Equipment & Machinery
- Industrial Design
- Oil & Gas
- Professional Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering 1984
Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA
Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology 1981
Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in New Hampshire, New Jersey, & Connecticut
Certified Energy Manager (CEM) through Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member: Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), NH Fire Prevention Society, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), & LinkedIn.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Power Plant Control Systems Operator Training, Gillette, Boston, MA 2012. Taught plant operating modes, transitions, capacities, control system redundancies, failure modes, security protections, and trouble-shooting.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Electrical and aquaculture, manufacturing assembly line control system obsolescence, utility pole electrocution of a communications worker, national patent dispute regarding bottling plant controls and programmable logic controller programming, international patent dispute regarding bottling plant controls and programmable logic controller programming
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20%
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Site inspections, design, commissioning, consulting, code and/or safety evaluations, reports, depositions, court testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel (not working) $100/hour
Travel (working) $300/hour
Expenses as necessary to support the case
Available Upon Request