Brian Sowers is a federal and state level qualified consumer survey expert with more than 20 years market research experience. He is a Principal at Applied Marketing Science, a full service market research and consulting firm, and he currently leads the firm’s Litigation Support practice. Mr. Sowers has served as a testifying expert on matters related to trademark and trade dress infringement, class certification, and false advertising for both plaintiffs and defendants. He personally designed and conducted hundreds of market research surveys across a broad range of modalities and a broad range of populations. In addition, he has Co-hosted a CLE accredited webinar on survey evidence in Intellectual Property and other litigation, and currently serves on the International Trademark Association's Impact Studies committee. Mr. Sowers’ services include survey design, implementation and analysis, expert report preparation, critique of opposing expert reports, expert testimony, guidance on the deposition and trial questioning of opposing expert witnesses.
Areas of Expertise
- Intellectual Property
- Public Opinion & Survey Research
- Trade Secret
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA University of Colorado, Colorado Springs.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: International Trademark Association (INTA)
Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO)
American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR)
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Co-host of a CLE accredited webinar on the topic of surveys in intellectual property matters
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Consumer surveys, trademark, trade dress, false advertising, class action
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 9
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20+ years of market research experience, 5 years as a testifying expert
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Survey design, implementation and analysis, expert report preparation, critiques of opposing expert reports, expert testimony, and guidance on the deposition and trial questioning of opposing expert witnesses
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Deposition and trial testimony billed at hourly rate
Available Upon Request