Brian H. Kleiner is a Professor (Emeritus) of Human Resource Management at a prestigious California university. Earlier he earned a MBA degree and PhD in Management degree, each from UCLA. He has over 500 publications and has received many honors for the quality of these publications and his teaching excellence.
A former human resource manager at Ford Motor Company, Dr. Kleiner has provided consulting services to over 100 business and government clients and has trained thousands of employees. Additionally, he has given trial or arbitration testimony in over 80 cases for both plaintiffs and defense.
The employment-related topics for which Dr. Kleiner has provided expert witness testimony include the following: compliance of organization policies, procedures and practices with standards of appropriate human resources management; preventing and investigating complaints concerning sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination and harassment; retaliation; workplace reductions; performance appraisals, progressive discipline, just cause and wrongful termination; analysis and evaluation of reasonable accommodation, undue hardship, essential functions and other issues under the ADA; negligent hiring, training, retention, and supervision; promotion selections; FMLA and CFRA; executive and employee compensation, wage and hours, ERISA, benefits/pensions; and workplace violence, safety, OSHA.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Human Resources
- Negligent Hiring
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Workplace Violence
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph.D. in Management from UCLA
Master of Business Administration from UCLA
B.S. in Business Administration from Drexel
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Society of Human Resource Management
Society For Nonprofits
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Taught at the graduate and undergraduate college level courses related to effective employee management from 1976 to 2020. Also, developed and taught for many years 24 courses concerning effective employee management for practicing managers and supervisors.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 1,000
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Human resources management/employment -
Topics reflected in third paragraph of introduction
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 280
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 18, 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 70
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 80
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 30
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, reports, testifying
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $345
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $345
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $690
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $690
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time and expenses
Available upon request