Bob Weiman is a Computer Engineer and Founder of a consulting firm that designs electronic and software products. He has over 30 years of experience developing software and electronic products for the medical, consumer and industrial markets.
Bob has expertise in the areas of medical device design, real-time control systems, robotics, embedded systems, digital circuit design, firmware, and software development. Previously, Bob headed the Electrical Engineering Department of a Medical Products Group for an international consulting firm.
Bob has been involved in the design and development of many types of Medical Devices including:
- Blood Analyzers
- Infusion Pumps
- Radiation Therapy System
- Hysteroscopic Pump
- Heart Defibrillator
- Drug Discovery and Testing
- Laser Dental Drill
- Cervical Cancer Screening System
He has served as a medical device software expert for both plaintiff and defense on several cases and has testified at trial.
Areas of Expertise
- Design Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Software Engineering
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Analysis of failures in medical device software
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 17%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 83%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: - Consulting
- Failure analysis
- Patent infringement
References are available on request